The Elephant Secret... Revealed!

Started by PJBottomz, August 06, 2011, 10:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PJBottomz

I poked around a little bit and found a Wikipedia Article on VVVVVV. And inside, I found this little snippet:

QuoteThe visual style of VVVVVV is heavily inspired by games released for the Commodore 64 8-bit computer from the 1980s, especially Jet Set Willy which is referenced by the giant elephant...

Now, this is just a joke! The reason as to why Viridian's crew would have a giant elephant stored on their ship is beyond me.

Psychopath

The elephant isn't on their ship. Their ship is only the area where Violet is, the trinket room, the music room, the teleporter room, and the exit where Vermillion is usually at. The rest of the world you explore is the VVVVVV dimension.

PJBottomz

Terry

PJBottomz

The gigantic elephant in the game on VVVVVV. This one?

Arkatox

PJBottomz

xTwoTails

That elephant is the most mysterious thing I've ever seen in a game... XD

Arkatox

I've seen something far more mysterious, but I don't remember what it's called. I can't even remember the name of the game it's in, lol.

TheoX

Anyone played La-Mulana?  That game has a fair share of... disturbing mystery things that don't make sense...

zedraxlo

Damn It AL to Hell

It's as much as a secret as the room "A Secret to Nobody" no offense.

:viridian:  A giand elephant!
:victoria:  A giant elephant.

:verdigris:  What the hell...

Stick Figure

I was surprised to find the elephant in the (hover to read) of the map.

It looks like this:
:victoria:

Even more details: http://distractionware.com/forum/index.php?topic=29.0

Edit: Modified the spoiler.

Fussmatte

Quote from: Stick Figure on April 29, 2013, 11:16:23 AM
I was surprised to find the elephant in the (hover to read) of the map.

It looks like this:
:victoria:

Even more details: http://distractionware.com/forum/index.php?topic=29.0
why the two-year bump

Stick Figure

Quote from: PJBottomz on August 06, 2011, 10:38:35 PM
I poked around a little bit and found a Wikipedia Article on VVVVVV. And inside, I found this little snippet:

QuoteThe visual style of VVVVVV is heavily inspired by games released for the Commodore 64 8-bit computer from the 1980s, especially Jet Set Willy which is referenced by the giant elephant...

Now, this is just a joke! The reason as to why Viridian's crew would have a giant elephant stored on their ship is beyond me.

Jet Set Willy? I googled it and found a picture of the giant elephant:
:vitellary: