Problem!

Started by Scalene, November 05, 2010, 10:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scalene

I was having fun playing VVVVVV for the first time. Closed it. Launched it again.

No matter what I do, I now get this error. There's no music, and when I select 'start game', nothing happens.

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
   at musicclass/play()
   at Main/titleinput()
   at Main/mainloop()

(The VVVVVV smilies are cool, by the way.)

I understand it's an issue that's been had before from a brief google, but I couldn't find anything, so...

Terry

That's a really odd one! :o Have you audio problems with any other games on your computer? Or with any flash games?

Ok, first thing I've gotta suggest is a quick reinstall - (your save games will be kept, don't worry). Let me know if that solves it, and if not we can try more drastic things...

Scalene

After the issue came to light, I started having issues with audio on my rig - something about there being no sound device... Restarted PC, the obvious course of action. Both problems were completely solved when I started it up again, so WHO KNOWS WHAT IT WAS.

Thanks anyway, and kindly jump off a cliff for making this game so infuriatingly AGGGGGGGGGGGH.

DAMNIT VERMILLION STOP WALKING OFF THE PLATFORM.

Terry

Oh, phew! Well, glad you were able to sort it out :) The only reason you would have gotten an error like that would be if the game couldn't find your sound card.