V getting stuck in moving platforms

Started by Sendy, August 07, 2011, 08:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sendy

Hi... I have a room layout such as this:

In this room you can enter from the left and hold right, and each lift will transfer you smoothly up a step. It's a fun little mechanic and was inspired by the moving stairs in fun houses.

It functioned perfectly in testing, and stood up to all my stress tests, but after about half an hour, V started getting stuck into the platform as soon as he/she touched it, every time. Notice the spikes preventing any kind of bugs involving a platform pushing you into a wall. The platform and V would stick into eachother, each causing the other to become frozen.

I'm hoping this may be fixed in a patch as some stage, because I really want to run with this idea, but I thought I'd point it out, anyway.

Sendy

Ok new discovery! It's the presence of a HORIZONTAL moving platform that causes the buggy behaviour with this setup of vertical platforms. So I get to keep my room, more or less :)

If anyone is having problems with moving platforms, try removing any horizontal platforms, if you can...

TheoX

I can't see any reason why any person would stay in a room for half an hour.  Interesting find though.

Sendy

I didn't test the same room for half an hour  :D , what I meant was the bug was happening sometime later, after it had worked fine for a good while.

This makes me wonder if there's anyone who ever did get stuck in a room for that long, though. Like someone really bad at the game  :D