Level Editor Bugs and Requests

Started by Officer Captain, August 08, 2011, 11:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Officer Captain

I admire the enthusiasm, but most of the things everybody is suggesting have already been suggested.

Try to read the first post again.

And put a good word in about shoes, please.

PJBottomz

Officer Captain

Please, do you ever back your arguments up?

PJBottomz

1. The characters don't wear anything else.
2. They wouldn't serve any purpose unless they could make mid-air flips or something.
3. It would be hard to make shoes while still keeping the simple VVVVVV look.
4. The characters don't even seem to need a use for them (it's not like the shoes would be surge protectors from long falls, since that never affects them anyway.)
5. If Terry did add shoes, he'd have to add a bunch of clothes to make the characters look normal
5a. The characters to not need to look normal - that's what makes VVVVVV what it is.
5b. He'd probably have to add hair too.
5ba. That would easily give away the speculation of Viridian's gender, which keeps VVVVVV mysterious and makes it more interesting.

Please, just STOP mentioning it to EVERYONE. Just tell Terry.

Officer Captain

Reason one is kind of irrelevant, this could easily be changed by the addition of shoes.
Reason two I cannot argue with. Yeah, they're merely cosmetic, but there's always room for more flips, eh?

Sir Dispensers made that. [The image is] a tad small, but the shoes in question only appear as a couple of grey blocks on the character's feet.
Reason four, cosmetic shoes. Nothing wrong unless we want to keep the game's size to a minimum. Judging by the files in the graphics folder of VVVVVV, I had no idea how any of them really worked. Probably a good sign that it's require some degree of work.
Your fifth reason is not justified; how are shoes related to hair and clothing in any way (Other than being, well, clothing)?
Also, how are shoes a dead give away of a person's gender?

I'm getting my own topic off-topic, woah

PJBottomz

Quote from: Officer Captain on September 30, 2011, 11:17:40 PM
Reason one is kind of irrelevant, this could easily be changed by the addition of shoes.
Reason two I cannot argue with. Yeah, they're merely cosmetic, but there's always room for more flips, eh?

Sir Dispensers made that. [The image is] a tad small, but the shoes in question only appear as a couple of grey blocks on the character's feet.
Reason four, cosmetic shoes. Nothing wrong unless we want to keep the game's size to a minimum. Judging by the files in the graphics folder of VVVVVV, I had no idea how any of them really worked. Probably a good sign that it's require some degree of work.
Your fifth reason is not justified; how are shoes related to hair and clothing in any way (Other than being, well, clothing)?
Also, how are shoes a dead give away of a person's gender?

I'm getting my own topic off-topic, woah

I said the HAIR would be a dead give away of Viridian's gender. How did you get that SHOES would be from that?
And [damn, that image is small, but] the characters don't look any better with shoes. I like them as they are.
And because, if you were in space, would you run around naked wearing only shoes?

Officer Captain

Let me restate your question, how did you get HAIR from SHOES?
Our views on shoes are that of opinion, and
There's not really any proof pointing to the fact that they're not wearing any other article of clothing.
We're making unusually vast assumptions here.

Dispensers Heal

Quote from: PJBottomz on September 30, 2011, 11:30:13 PM
And because, if you were in space, would you run around naked wearing only shoes?

I find that funny.

PJBottomz

Quote from: Officer Captain on September 30, 2011, 11:35:19 PM
Let me restate your question, how did you get HAIR from SHOES?
Our views on shoes are that of opinion, and
There's not really any proof pointing to the fact that they're not wearing any other article of clothing.
We're making unusually vast assumptions here.

The way I see it, add shoes = add clothes = add hair.
And yes, we are. How about this:

Terry includes a SEPERATE tileset in the game with the characters wearing shoes, and an option on the game itself that activates the shoes. That way, everyone wins.

Officer Captain

Hey, he doesn't have to.
But, a setting like analogue mode would really make my day.

PJBottomz

It was just a suggestion (that you seem to enjoy). So, arguement settled.

Next order of buisness...

Terry

PJBottomz

Quote from: Terry on October 01, 2011, 12:07:35 AM
I'm not adding shoes :o

I SAID NEXT ORDER OF BUISNESS!

... Oh wait, you're Terry! :verdigris:

Officer Captain

Give it time.
Now, any requests? I think that we could add cool thing with moving platforms, да?

PJBottomz

How about not shitty looking single-tiles?
And upside-down terminals?