Previous topic - Next topic

TheoX

Rating #035
Enjoyment: 9/10
Aesthetics: 10/10
Novelty: 8/10
Difficulty: 7/10
Room Names: 8/10

Wow.  New level to put in the "favorites" list.  This level has no flaws whatsoever, aside from the questionable scripting!  Fun story, rooms looked GREAT, and the level was a blast to play overall.  Some innovative concepts for the rooms; I really enjoyed getting the trinkets, and going backwards through the level was very well-done.  It was a fine difficulty too.

This is an example of one very solid, GOOD level.

Ice

Woah, that VVVVVVman thing was neat. Is that gonna be an actual feature?

Kadir

This was neat! Very fun!

The aesthetics were a bit "busy" for my tastes, though. It usually took me a second of puzzling out most rooms before I understood what to do, a problem I rarely had with VVVVVV's rooms.

That's a very minor criticism, though, and one that is probably up to personal tastes, anyhow. Some people probably like busy screens!

PJBottomz

Quote from: Ice on August 14, 2011, 04:27:47 AM
Woah, that VVVVVVman thing was neat. Is that gonna be an actual feature?

Hopefully so! The VVVVVV man was part of the end of the level. After you collect all 20 trinkets, go and talk to :victoria: and see what happens.

stormi

I just activated the terminal then immediately left the room, and started the journey back without rescueing Violet. Then I got the incoming radio transmission saying that Violet has escaped, when obviously she's still in the same spot :)

Nevertheless, great level :)

PJBottomz

I was wondering when this would get featured. Congrats! :)

Insani

Haha I need to make a VVVVVV MAN level now.  :D

Pinkamena Diane Pie

Fantastic level. Interesting concept for a story and I love the idea of going back through the entire level on a completely different path  :). Nice level of difficulty overall and a good level of increase for the trinket challenges, not too hard, not too easy. Very solid, aesthetically pleasing and great level design.

Damn It AL to Hell

Sophira

I'm surprised this got featured, given that Terry says that no levels which exploit things would be featured. I'm glad this one was, though - very well done. :D

(I've been investigating and found some other interesting internal commands that I won't go into here. I do hope they get implemented though; there's some really fun stuff that could be done!)

PJBottomz

This level was the first one to use the special "internal-script" command, so since it was innovative and different and never-seen, it was featured.

I've used many internal scripts (just testing), and I've managed to do some fun things - once, I made the player play as Violet and have Vermillion as a tag-along.

Speaking of the companion feature, it's very buggy in the editor - it only lets you use Vermillion, no matter WHAT you put in, and he is only able to move when the floor is 4-tiles high; otherwise, he'll get stuck in the floor. :'( But it's still pretty funny.

cams

This level needs to be fixed, the colored text via internal scripts thing doesn't work anymore and are seen in the textboxes. :victoria:

cams

Anyone? :victoria:

Insani

The Level editing forum died...

>:(

I could try redoing it, but I'm not sure if that'd be okay with stalefish.

'Sides, there's a lot of levels that work without needing to be rewritten - this one's only feature was the colored text.