Warp tokens in the Warp Zone

Started by blue626, June 17, 2012, 09:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue626

Has anyone noticed that the warp tokens in the rooms of the Warp Zone that warp on all sides are always in the center. The warp tokens combine well with the background that way.
(Was it a good idea to create a new thread to talk about this?)

Blatch

Yeah, the main reason why the center-pointing rooms have warp tokens is because without them, you'd have no way to get out of the room, except in the case that you're utilizing an internal script, such as a manual teleporter.

Really, though: I love how Warp Tokens go with that background design, especially when you put them in the center. That way, it appears the whole background is eminating from the warp token, something that I myself love to see used in maps.

blue626

Quote from: Blatch on July 11, 2012, 10:46:07 PM
Yeah, the main reason why the center-pointing rooms have warp tokens is because without them, you'd have no way to get out of the room, except in the case that you're utilizing an internal script, such as a manual teleporter.

I knew that.

Quote from: Blatch on July 11, 2012, 10:46:07 PM
Really, though: I love how Warp Tokens go with that background design, especially when you put them in the center. That way, it appears the whole background is eminating from the warp token, something that I myself love to see used in maps.

I noticed that. Terry probably designed the warp tokens and the background because of that; and, yes, it appears the warp token produces the background.