KKKKK by TensaiKashou

Started by TensaiKashou, August 15, 2011, 07:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TensaiKashou

On your marks!

KKKKK is a short (5x2) but challenging level based around the Nth Interdimensional 5K of Indeterminate Timing. Questions, comments, constructive criticism, compliments, and many other forms of communication are appreciated. Rants about your pet goat are probably not.

Have fun!  :vermillion:

Note: This level has is not affiliated with any hate groups.

EDIT: Modified the ending slightly. Redownload if you downloaded before 8/15/11 4:21 EST.

EDIT 2: An easier version of the level, HHHHH, is now included in the download.

Taco13

You should probably put it in a zipped folder and upload it here instead. I'll be happy to try it then  :viridian:

Sendy

Terry

Had a quick look! Couldn't get past the second screen in the main part of the game.

Liked the bad ending, though!

Er, you sure about that title? :o

TensaiKashou

Hmmm...I was thinking about putting a checkpoint in the middle of Overgrowth. Perhaps I'll make an easy mode. Easy mode is now in the download.

I was a bit worried about the title. I'll add a disclaimer.

The Brass

I don't see how Restoring order in easymode is supposed to be easy. In kkkkk, you can just run along the bottom and only the getting to the last platform is hard to do - impossible for me for now. In hhhhh, the inversion planes are moved so that running to them is no longer possible. The last jump is easier, yes, but the rest of the room is much harder.

TensaiKashou

Quote from: The Brass on August 15, 2011, 09:47:04 PM
I don't see how Restoring order in easymode is supposed to be easy. In kkkkk, you can just run along the bottom and only the getting to the last platform is hard to do - impossible for me for now. In hhhhh, the inversion planes are moved so that running to them is no longer possible. The last jump is easier, yes, but the rest of the room is much harder.

(Post white-texted to prevent spoilage of the solution to Restoring Order)

You can still run along the bottom in the HHHHH version if you start far enough to the left on the first platform. Also, for the KKKKK version, you have to get on the platform above the second-to-last inversion plane, flip and nudge yourself a bit to the right so you land on the space to the left of it, then flip right before you walk through it to do a little hop. Then, just keep walking forward to get to Breaking the Tape.

The Brass

Beat it. Breaking the tape was fun. Looks like I really like "disappearing platform battle" -type rooms.

TheoX

Rating #038
Enjoyment: 7/10
Aesthetics: 8/10
Novelty: 6/10
Difficulty: 8/10 (hhhhh)
Room Names: 8/10

Judging from the comments, I thought I was going to hate this, but I actually enjoyed it somewhat.  I only played hhhhh though, which was already pretty hard.  Tried kkkkk and like Terry I gave up on the second screen - yikes!  Very nice looking rooms though, with fine room names.  I have no idea how I made it through "Security Breach" alive, but I feel like that room needs a slight thinning of enemies... it feels like luck.

Trinket placement was nice, and dialogue was amusing too... "lollipops!"  Couldn't do the harder version but maybe someone else will be able to complete it!

EDIT: Got kkkkk and hhhhh mixed up... these names look so similar...

TensaiKashou

KKKKK was the harder version.  :o Perhaps I need to reconsider my changes in HHHHH.

I see where I went wrong with Security Breach. If you flip right after you spawn at the left checkpoint (as you would in the level editor), the enemies all line up right for you to pass through.

TheoX

I don't even know anymore which was which.  I need to go back and look. :vitellary:

EDIT: Oops, sorry, the one I played all the way through was hhhhh.  I'm going to fix my rating post.

TensaiKashou

A perfectly understandable mistake.  :P Thanks for the review, in any case.