"CCCCCCCCCC Retold" by Whirligig

Started by Whirligig, August 26, 2011, 01:39:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whirligig

Quote(The only easy one was in the "small difference" room, in which I didn't see any difference between the top and bottom half of the screen!)

It's there. The lower version is easy for me, while the upper version is much trickier. It's only a tile difference in the gravity line placement.

QuoteAs was mentioned, it's possible to see the walls in the world where they're presumably supposed to be invisible. I assume you got it to work easily in your ASCII version. Too bad there's no way to do it in the editor, because I felt like I was missing out on a fun level.

You could have turned down your brightness. :P In the ASCII version, the entire screen was invisible except for a small "flashlight" area around the player. It was really cool-looking. Of course, the two versions are mostly completely different as far as level design, with only a few similarities and shout-outs (e.g. the general ideas of levels 1, 3, 4, 5/6, 7, 8, and 10).

QuoteSome other rooms I liked:
Toad in the Hole - I like that you had to stay in the same column for a couple flips. I always enjoy sequences that make you move around in one area instead of just constantly pushing forward.

Heh, that was unintentional! You're "supposed" to jump into the first gap as the enemy is bearing down on you, then flip into the third gap, wait a bit, and flip to the exit.

QuoteMy Lady's Chamber - I didn't see any logical way to get through this, so I just repeatedly jumped in blindly until I made it.

Right. The key is figuring out the correct timing. If you use one of the enemies as a guide of when to fall, it's easy as heck. Other than that, it is just blind trial and error. :P

QuoteI just have one question about something I didn't understand... Why do you hate Sony?

Because their consoles suck. Just kidding. In the game, it's actually a bit of an easter egg: look closely at this room and the rooms around it, especially the enemies, and you might get the reference.

Derbos

Absolutely loving this level, enjoying the gameplay more than the original VVVVVV and the difficulty seems to be just right for me.

Annoyance: In one of the shock levels (I forgot to save the room name) There's a checkpoint when you're done with the room at the top, but one of the Cs is going right through where you spawn so if you get caught there you die to this thing continuously for like 10-15 seconds before you get some breathing room again.

Didn't really like the trivia level or the invisible wall levels, but even they had some moments.

Whirligig

Damn It AL to Hell

Pretty fun level, hard as hell though, but I'm not complaining, it's a bit harder than VVVVVV itself, so you've blown that standard out of the water. 9.99/10  :viridian: , it's not a perfect 10/10, but I'll give you a trinket face of sympathy and liking.

:shiny: _ :shiny:

Terry

Quote from: Whirligig on November 13, 2011, 08:51:16 PM
http://distractionware.com/blog/2011/11/featured-vvvvvv-level-cccccccccc-retold-by-whirligig/

Well, this was a bit of a surprise to me. Thanks, Terry!

I actually meant to feature it pretty much right after you posted it, but I got busy and it slipped my mind! Sorry it took so long.

Whirligig

Quote from: Vex69 on November 13, 2011, 10:43:16 PM
Pretty fun level, hard as hell though, but I'm not complaining, it's a bit harder than VVVVVV itself, so you've blown that standard out of the water. 10/9.99  :viridian: , it's not a perfect 10/10, but I'll give you a trinket face of sympathy and liking.

:shiny: _ :shiny:

You mean 9.99/10. 10/9.99 would be about 10.01001/10. :D

As I've heard, "4 out of every 3 people have trouble with fractions."

Damn It AL to Hell

Wow, that's actually true, I usually struggle with fractions in Algebra.

Arthur

It's the level that made I discovered the glitch that makes you can activate a script after respawn! (I didn't want it!)
It's always strange to respawn in Half Slalom without the gravitylines ???.

Keiji

Whoo, I actually managed to finish this one (I gave up on level 4 I think on original C10...)

The last few rooms were really, really frustrating though. Toad in the Hole especially.

I love what you did with It's Hard to Forget (or whatever it's called) and the shock tokens. And PEARL'S GRAVITRON :vermillion:

I did kinda undermine the invisible block area though by standing up so that I could view the screen from a funny angle...

Using Piercing the Sky for the last level also kinda ruined things, not directly, it's a great song, but for some reason that song is ridiculously loud compared to the others, so I just had to unplug my headphones as it was deafening :S

If only you could use the F10 music in V6!

Whirligig

Heh, I don't even know if any of the F^10 stuff compares to Souleye's music IMO. Thanks, though! It's good to know that people like this level. :viridian:

Vallu

How to download this? The link gives me only a page with some kind of codes...?

Dav999

Quote from: Vallu on July 15, 2012, 10:10:25 AM
How to download this? The link gives me only a page with some kind of codes...?

That's the contents of the file, but if you right click you can download it, and if necessary change the extension to .vvvvvv.

Vallu

Thank you! Downloaded it, going to play a little later. If Terry featured it then it HAS to be good.

Hilbert

FIQ

Quote from: RoskillaHULK!! on July 23, 2012, 12:44:33 PM
I still can't download it. HELP!
Right click on the link, press "Save Target As" or whatever it's called in your browser, and choose the VVVVVV levels directory.