VVVVVV Short Story - Victorious in her Quest of Love

Started by PJBottomz, August 28, 2011, 04:38:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PJBottomz

This is just a short stoy I typed up for the heck of it! Enjoy. :)

It was an average space-filled day for the VVVVVV crew. Vitellary was hard at work in his lab, fiddling with some rare object Vermillion and Viridian had discovered on their most recent expedition. Violet sat in the control room, navigating the ship through the endless sea of black and stars. Verdigris was in his usual spot, constantly checking the jukebox to make sure it functioned properly.

And then, Victoria. She sat alone in the room containing all of the trinkets. She was, as usual, sad. She was lonely. Even though Verdigris, who was love-struck for Violet, tried to cheer her up multiple times, it wouldn’t fight the loneliness in her heart.

Since their visit to the strange dimension, where she ended up lost in the mysterious and weird lab, she couldn’t stop thinking about Vitellary. She had, for a long time, had a crush on him, and wanted so badly to simply explain her feelings to him, so that they could be happy. Together.

But, she was far too shy. Vitellary was outgoing. He was vibrant. She was nothing like him. It would be like cat and dog, minus the anger and fighting, adding the awkward silences and lack of topics to discuss.

I mean, sure, she was a doctor, and she knew some scientific stuff, but Vitellary was on a whole other level. She wouldn't fit the fight.

"Victoria." came Verdigris' voice. He came over and sat next to her. "I brought you some ice cream. I know you really like it."

She smiled. "Thanks Verdigris, I think that's just what I needed." She took the metal bowl and spoon and began eating the chocolate treat. It made her feel so much better. Verdigris sat beside her with a bowl of his own.

"So, are you still thinking about Vitellary?"

Victoria sighed. "Yes, I am."

"I don't see why you don't just go talk to him and just tell him that you like him." Verdigris persisted.

"Well, I know I should, but... I just don't have the courage to. It's... complicated..."

"Yeah, I know how you feel." Verdigris replied. "I get so nervous when Violet talks to me. It's like a punch in the stomach. I can't man up enough to say how much I like her..."

"No kidding..." Victoria sighed again. "Listen to us. We're so silly. We really need to be more professional."

"Hey now, just because we travel space doesn't mean we can't have feelings." Veridgris joked.

Victoria laughed. "Ah. I guess you're right..."

They turned as they heard footsteps approaching. Viridian was headed their direction, probably to go explore. He was reading something on a clipboard. He looked up and saw them. "Oh, hey guys. Whatcha doing?" he asked.

"Oh, nothing much. Talking. Eating ice cream." Victoria answered.

"You guys spend a lot of time together." Viridian came over and sat next to them. "Something on your minds?"

Victoria and Verdigris exchanged a glance. Viridian was the bravest captain of them all, but he tends to not pick up on things. "Well..." Victoria began, but Verdigris interrupted for her.

"Captain, do you remember that... thing I told you when you were in that weird zone?"

Viridian thought hard. Victoria felt kind of bad for him. He had memory problems. "I think... it was something about Violet?"

"Yeah... Well, see, I kinda like her."

"Oh yeah!" Viridian snapped his fingers. It was coming back to him. "But you really shouldn't bother Victoria with your troubles. She always loves fiddling with those trinkets."

"Well, I, uh..." Victoria blushed. "I kinda like some one too..."

"You do?" This shocked Viridian, and he's seen much more surprising stuff. "Is it Vermillion? Cause he's be talking about some--"

"No, it's not him." Victoria stated quickly. "It's... uh... Vitellary."

Viridian paused for a moment. "Oh..."

There was an awkward silence between the three of us. "Well... uh... I have to go... to a thing... in a place..." Viridian hopped up and shuffled off, dropping down the chute to the bottom floor of the ship.

Veridigris took their empty bowls and went back to the kitchen door that is hidden in the wall. "I'll be right back." he said.

Before Verdigris returned, Victoria heard some one land on the floor. She almost passed out when she saw Vitellary walking towards her. "Hey, Victoria, captain Viridian said you needed to speak with me?"

What? How could he? She thought. He is going to pay for that... "Uh, yeah..."

"Well, here I am. Whatcha need?" he asked. She found it hard not to feeling weak when he was staring at her, waiting for her answer.

She swallowed. Why do my legs feel like Jello? "Uh, yeah, I, uh... I... need... need... need a... aspirin." She blurted out.

"Oh, okay." He turned and walked back. "I'll bring it up in a few minutes." He jumped back down the chute.

When Victoria was sure he couldn't hear her, she curled into a ball and started crying. I am such an idiot! She screamed in her mind. I can't believe I had a chance to tell him, and I blew it! What is wrong with me?!

After a few minutes of sobbing erratically, she felt a pair of arms wrap around her. She looked up, expecting to see Violet, because Violet always hugs her when she cries, but instead found it was Verdigris. "You okay? What happened?" he asked. His eyes were full of sympathy and sorrow.

She took a breath to regain her composure, and then explained everything that happened. When she was done, she was crying once again. "I feel like such a moron." she sobbed.

Veridigris hugged her tighter and let her cry herself out on his shoulder. When she calmed down, he said, "You're not a moron. You're a nice girl, and if Vitellary knew that you liked him, he would be happy to date you. We all have an issue with telling the person we like that we do like them. It just takes time."

Victoria sniffled and looked at him. Verdigris was being truely sincere. She leaned her head against his shoulder and sighed. "I guess so... I just wish I had the confidence to admit to him that I like him... I feel horrible."

Verdigris rubbed the top of her head, which he did everytime she started to feel bad. For some reason, it always made her feel much better. "I get that feeling all the time when I'm around Violet. You'll get over it eventually."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

She looked at him and smiled. "Thanks, Verdigris. You always know just what to say."

He smiled back. "Thanks."

They smiled at each other for a while, and then, she suddenly leaned up and kissed him.

It was instantanious, and it just happened. After a few seconds, she leaned back, looking terrified. "I-I'm so sorry! I don't know what came over me! I don't know what--"

Before she could finish that sentence, he leaned forward and kissed her again. After he stopped, he looked at her. "It's fine." he smiled and got up. "I've got to go back to fix the jukebox. Later." he walked off.

Victoria waited for a minute, confused and dazzled. He has such soft lips... She sighed contently. As she leaned back against the ledge behind her, she heard a loud clack. She turned her head.

She had knocked over a bottle of aspirin.

Comments? Feedback? Anything? :)

Officer Captain

QuoteShe almost peed myself

huhhhhhhhh

So, apart from the feeling I got that the text was rapidly reshaping itself, this was one splendid job.

wayc

AHHHH!  That was really cute.  ^_^  It fit extremely well with the mood of the dialogue in the game and how sweet, pure, and innocent the characters were.  =3   

PJBottomz

Quote from: Officer Captain on August 28, 2011, 05:08:14 AM
QuoteShe almost peed myself

huhhhhhhhh

So, apart from the feeling I got that the text was rapidly reshaping itself, this was one splendid job.

XD Yeah. I think I might change that... Thank you!

Quote from: wayc on August 28, 2011, 06:13:07 AM
AHHHH!  That was really cute.  ^_^  It fit extremely well with the mood of the dialogue in the game and how sweet, pure, and innocent the characters were.  =3   

Thanks!

TheoX

It's quite weird reading such a realistic story about romance among the VVVVVV characters, but this was very well-made!  Nice work. :viridian:

wayc

I really like how they're like doctors and professors... but also child-like... like sitting down and eating an ice-cream is the best thing in the world.  :D  Being an adult with a huuuuge inner-child, I can so relate to those candi... I mean, characters.  :D 

PJBottomz

Quote from: TheoX on August 29, 2011, 01:59:46 AM
It's quite weird reading such a realistic story about romance among the VVVVVV characters, but this was very well-made!  Nice work. :viridian:

Thank you!

Quote from: wayc on August 29, 2011, 02:02:32 AM
I really like how they're like doctors and professors... but also child-like... like sitting down and eating an ice-cream is the best thing in the world.  :D  Being an adult with a huuuuge inner-child, I can so relate to those candi... I mean, characters.  :D 

XD I guess that's true!

Damn It AL to Hell

Nice story PJ, very funny too! Only if we could turn things like this into cutscenes in the game........................?

PJBottomz

Quote from: Vex69 on October 02, 2011, 10:33:54 PM
Nice story PJ, very funny too! Only if we could turn things like this into cutscenes in the game........................?

It would be possible in the 2.2 patch, when it'll be possible to immitate the main game.

Damn It AL to Hell

Dispensers Heal

(Disguises as enemy Spy, takes out knife, pulls out Dead Ringer, and sneaks up behind PJBottomz)

Coralbits

allison

Coralbits