This is Portal - A PJBottomz Level

Started by PJBottomz, September 10, 2011, 08:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PJBottomz

>-< Why did I forget to fix that? Call me a bloody bloke if you wish.

I'll fix that...

UPDATE: Fixed.

xTwoTails

Quote from: PJBottomz on September 11, 2011, 02:43:46 AM

I'll fix that...

I shall dedicate a Floating Spike level and call it "PJ's Spiky Moments" XD  :viridian:

Martze

I played this. I'm glad to see other people using the mechanics I came up with. Thanks for the shoutout.

I died 14 times in the room you said I died in. I probably would have done better if I wasn't counting.  :viridian:

PJBottomz

AHAHAHA! That's hilarious.

You're welcome.

Quote from: xTwoTails on September 11, 2011, 04:51:50 AM
Quote from: PJBottomz on September 11, 2011, 02:43:46 AM

I'll fix that...

I shall dedicate a Floating Spike level and call it "PJ's Spiky Moments" XD  :viridian:

:-X

The Brass

...how did you find out I make cakes? Did you dig right to the bottom of my post histories on other forums (where I don't even use this name)? Creepy...

PJBottomz

You make cakes? :o

... GLaDOS knows all.

The Brass

A coincidence, huh.

Seeing myself credited for a level I had never touched was weird enough, but being listed as the sole "cake creator" really creeped me out. The uneasy feeling from the "hardcore guro manga room" didn't help either.

PJBottomz

Seriously.

I had no idea you actually made cakes - I just thought of a random name. Anyway, lots of people never actually touched the game but were mentioned - Sendy never designed a chamber, and none of the testers actually tested (except for TwoTails). I just put names to make people feel appreciated.

But the fact that you make cakes in real life and end as the Cake Creator in my level... That's a scary coincidence. :o

Manga room what?

BillyTheBanana

"Story levels" aren't really my thing, but the dialog in this was well done. I also enjoyed the feeling of disorientation you managed to create with the branching paths and strange room wrapping behavior. Just a few typos I noticed:

ApeRture Science
impair (not impare)
"wouldN'T shut up"

On another note, I wasn't sure how I was supposed to get through the part with the shock squares. Are you supposed to be able to die by hitting the spikes through the gravity lines? They get me about one in four times when they're on the adjacent tile.

PJBottomz

The shocks were purposely supposed to kill you to make the script at the end (when all shocks have been hit). If you dodge them all, well, good job.

xTwoTails

Yay, I did a good job on dodging them all!  :viridian:
*dances and spins in place*

PJBottomz

xTwoTails

PJBottomz

XD

UPDATE: Fixed some typos and some other minor graphical things I missed.

calstin898

Yay! I'm listed as a founder!

Great level, btw.