Vitriol Pursuit - A Trivial VVVVVV Level

Started by art begotti, September 12, 2011, 12:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

art begotti

For the record, I'm 23 as well, but I remember the NES and C64 quite well, if only because they were the only consoles my family ever owned.

As far as the question selections were concerned, I tried to hit a broad range of topics specifically to avoid showing favoritism to one category or another, but it seems that's exactly what people want. (I'm not saying that begrudgingly, it's just an observation.) I don't plan on redoing the questions in this map, but I'd gladly consider doing a differently-themed set in the future.

(Also, ironically, the Raven question would be the first question I'd change if I had the chance!)

Okay, now to tackle this flagging business...

xTwoTails

If you could make other levels concerning different types of questions ( VVVVVV trivia! ) then be my guest and I'd love to test my knowledge !

Let us know if there is any!  :viridian:

PJBottomz

Quote from: art begotti on September 12, 2011, 11:27:22 PM
For the record, I'm 23 as well, but I remember the NES and C64 quite well, if only because they were the only consoles my family ever owned.

As far as the question selections were concerned, I tried to hit a broad range of topics specifically to avoid showing favoritism to one category or another, but it seems that's exactly what people want. (I'm not saying that begrudgingly, it's just an observation.) I don't plan on redoing the questions in this map, but I'd gladly consider doing a differently-themed set in the future.

(Also, ironically, the Raven question would be the first question I'd change if I had the chance!)

Okay, now to tackle this flagging business...

I think the answer to The Raven question is wrong - I thought the last word was, "Nevermore"?

art begotti

True, but the question is asking for the next-to-last word.

PJBottomz

Dispensers Heal

Well, it's VVVVVV. Pretty much 10% trial-and-error, 5% cutscenes, and 85% spiky deaths.

art begotti

Okay, version 1.2 is done and attached to the initial post.

Changes:
--Finally got the flagging sorted out and added it to all script boxes that enforce speech. If I've missed something, let me know and I'll change it.
--Tweaked level 5 a bit more. The landing platforms are much larger, and the starting positions of the moving platforms are moved back to the middle of the screen. It loses its sensation of urgency, but it was either that or the repetitious spiky death of no platforms.
--Tweaked the opening screen, to ensure that there was no way to get back to the "allflagson" script.
--Added some credits to the end.

Dispensers Heal

This actually makes me want to make my own "TriVVVVVVia" leVVVVVVel.

:vermillion::shiny:           :viridian:I WANT IT!           :violet:GET HIM! :victoria: :vitellary: :verdigris:

xTwoTails

Quote from: Inventive Dispenser on September 13, 2011, 11:53:41 AM
This actually makes me want to make my own "TriVVVVVVia" leVVVVVVel.

:vermillion::shiny:           :viridian:I WANT IT!           :violet:GET HIM! :victoria: :vitellary: :verdigris:

Hahaha XD

Stampy

Pinkamena Diane Pie

Pretty solid level, although some questions I didn't know in the slightest  :'(. Great level design overall and a lovely idea though, plus everything looks and feels right.

One thing I did notice though. On the 'The Raven' question it's possible to go down the 'nevermore' hole and survive somehow, which doesn't seem intentional. It only seems to work if I flip off the moving platform in the room though, if I flip off the ceiling I die as intended, so I don't know what's going on there.

Dispensers Heal

Quote from: Pinkamena Diane Pie on September 15, 2011, 05:29:15 PM
Pretty solid level, although some questions I didn't know in the slightest  :'(. Great level design overall and a lovely idea though, plus everything looks and feels right.

One thing I did notice though. On the 'The Raven' question it's possible to go down the 'nevermore' hole and survive somehow, which doesn't seem intentional. It only seems to work if I flip off the moving platform in the room though, if I flip off the ceiling I die as intended, so I don't know what's going on there.

Blame the spikes!  :vermillion: