"Distant Lands" [fragment] [v3]

Started by 999999, October 31, 2011, 02:15:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Distant Lands

A very short level (14 rooms) featuring gravity lines and enemies. A lot of them. Despite this, the overall difficulty is low... I think. Almost no-scripting.
In reality, it corresponds to a single zone (the middle) of my level, actually in progress.

I would love to hear feedback, specially of some of the last screens, if fine-tuning is required. The room after of the image's is incomplete. And many rooms lack of a appropriate name. Excepting that, I think of it as a good level. I tried to add some ideas not so used. Have fun with this.

I'm sharing this little fragment because really I don't know if I will achieve to finish the whole level some day. After of to purchase the game (with the Humble Indie Bundle) I tested some of the extra level and I liked them. Then I began to play with the level editor and I started to work in my level. Since then, the progress is going slow as hell, basically because rapidly I found myself hardly finding things that I feel really interesting for it. This zone (of 4 or  5) is the first almost-complete, but the rest... Anyway, I will not stop with this, so, you can to expect more for to see... but not before the end of the year for the whole thing.

UPDATED
Version 3:
* Fine-tuning of the rooms "5" and "Dogde the rain". Easier? Yeah. Probably. I expect that.
Version 2
* I redone a room ("5"). I expect that it will prepare you in a better way for the next (room).

---
English isn't my primary language, so sorry for the possible bad phrases.

PJBottomz

Wow! This is nice! I really like the design you made on the beginning screens, with the blocks connected by gravitylines. Very nice. This looks like a lot of fun. Also, NO SCRIPTS?! Just kidding! ^^' Anyway, if you need help, I made a scripting tutorial long ago (it's a little outdated, but it covers the basic N2K)

I hope you do finish this in the future.

Damn It AL to Hell

It's pretty nice I must say, good tiling work 9.7/10  :viridian:

Ok, I updated the level. I found how to complete the room "5", trying that it and the next rooom looks as a unique idea in expansion, or something. I saw your scripting material, PJBottomz, and I definitely will use it for control. I was thinking about dialogues, I will not adding much of this to the complete level.

ThePaSch

PJBottomz

Quote from: 999999 on November 01, 2011, 01:40:11 AM
I saw your scripting material, PJBottomz, and I definitely will use it for control. I was thinking about dialogues, I will not adding much of this to the complete level.

Glad to help! If you get stuck on something, you can ask Terry, or me, or some other people (cause there are more people than just me that know how to script)

Quote from: ThePaSch on November 01, 2011, 01:27:29 PM
Quote from: 999999 on October 31, 2011, 02:15:51 AM
Despite this, the overall difficulty is low...

Yeah.

Right.

:o

Well, I said overall, no? ;) Seriously, excluding the alternate path for the trinket, I expected to maintain this zone with a low dificulty, but then I decided at the last moment to add here the "Dogde the rain" room, that probably can become very hard for some people, and after, with the second update, I added other possibly hard room for to match the before mentioned. So, the overall rose  ::).
Maybe I  move these rooms to other place in the next update, if I ended making it.

At first sight some rooms can to look scaring. I tried built them in such a way that with of a bit of observation and some attempts you can at least to figure a possible (fixed) path through the room. But I probably miscalculated this, so, feedback about this is valued.

--
EDIT: I ajusted those rooms. Should to be easier to move within them.

Damn It AL to Hell

Wait is this a finished work or is it still in progress?

Quote from: Vex69 on November 04, 2011, 09:44:46 PM
Actually I'm... stuck? (not sure about a adequate word here) about how to do the before-of final part of the level. The complete thing will take more time.

Damn It AL to Hell

Quote from: 999999 on December 23, 2011, 11:52:10 PM
Quote from: Vex69 on November 04, 2011, 09:44:46 PM
Actually I'm... stuck? (not sure about a adequate word here) about how to do the before-of final part of the level. The complete thing will take more time.

Oh, okay. I can't wait until it's finished! :)