My first >>EVER<< level.

Started by ToasterApocalypse, September 29, 2012, 05:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToasterApocalypse

So, I have been here a while (not really) and I have released 4 levels (one sucked, one was too hard and the others were cheap knockoffs of VVVVVV). But people may (not) have been wondering...

:viridian:What was Toaster's first level like...

WELL HERE IT IS, TRIALS OF EMERALD. it sucks. But, this is my FIRST level. MY FIRST EVER. BEFORE ABCDEFG. BEFORE WWWWWW. WAY BEFORE SWITCHBACK.

I also made the rest of the crewmates in seperate levels. hurhurhur OK NOW PLAY IT. WITNESS THE CRAPPYNESS OF MY FIRST EVER LEVEL. I EVEN LEFT ALL THE BUGS IN TO SHOW YOU GUYS HOW MUCH OF A TERRIBLE LEVEL DESIGNER I WAS BACK THEN.

P.S. It was also before I had 2.1

Dav999

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: Dav999 on September 29, 2012, 05:51:52 PM
Will try :viridian:

it's terrible

I'm aware of many bugs but didn't bother fixing them

MEANWHILE, IN DIMENSION SWITCHBACK...

:violet:FINISH THE FUCKING SCRIPT WE WANT THE POLAR DIMENSION

Dav999

ToasterApocalypse

blue626

Quote from: Toaster's personal textSUPAR GRABITUN IS GEY

:o :D :-X

I also noticed you changed your username to fix the typing mistake you had since you registered (I guess...).
(I had to tell this somewhere...)

On-topic:

I downloaded your level. I'm going to play it... in ≈48 hours. After that (not sure how long after that), I'm going to comment and report glitches.

Dav999

blue626

I played your level ≈15 days ago (so much time I had to make a small bump!).

It had 1-tile thin walls (which don't look good). Also, it had unexpected deaths. They weren't unavoidable, since there was a quicksand platform, but you don't know where you're going. I'm undecided if you should fix that, because putting another quicksand block below the 1st one might make it too easy. The story was small, part normal, part original (the part where the "death sequence" was loading). THere weren't any collision errors nor scripting errors. Repeating scripts isn't important because terminals don't need non-repeating scripts. I didn't check if the script where :viridian: talks to :verdigris: repeated, though.
Like Dav999 said, it wasn't that bad.

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: blue626 on October 12, 2012, 06:02:04 PM
I played your level ≈15 days ago (so much time I had to make a small bump!).

It had 1-tile thin walls (which don't look good). Also, it had unexpected deaths. They weren't unavoidable, since there was a quicksand platform, but you don't know where you're going. I'm undecided if you should fix that, because putting another quicksand block below the 1st one might make it too easy. The story was small, part normal, part original (the part where the "death sequence" was loading). THere weren't any collision errors nor scripting errors. Repeating scripts isn't important because terminals don't need non-repeating scripts. I didn't check if the script where :viridian: talks to :verdigris: repeated, though.
Like Dav999 said, it wasn't that bad.

It does repeat. Every script in every level of mine repeats. It's why the script box is always BEFORE the checkpoint. I'm gonna leave the level as it is so people can see this 'not bad' level.