level: Lost in Intermission

Started by Damn It AL to Hell, October 31, 2011, 02:42:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damn It AL to Hell

Here's a taste of my upcoming level, enjoy! Remember it's a preview.

Update: Turns out that I didn't save it right and the space station area is gone, but I worked on it a bit more, so here's another lick at my level.

Update: IT IS FINISHED! IT'S FRIGGIN' BIG! PLAY IT! AND DOWNLOAD PJ'S TILESET!

PJBottomz

This isn't bad. You're Direct Mode tiling could use some work, but this is pretty fun! :D

Damn It AL to Hell

Thanks! And I know how bad I am at direct mode.  :viridian:

PJBottomz

Quote from: Vex69 on November 01, 2011, 01:02:04 AM
Thanks! And I know how bad I am at direct mode.  :viridian:

You're not horrible at it - no one's perfect on their first shot. I can say that you at least know how to use it right! There's just a few simple things that need a little work. It's not a bad level - you can finish the polishing after the entire level is complete.

Sendy

Good work for a first try at direct mode. I'd say it needs a bit more visual focus, and there are some cutoff tiles that just end abruptly, but on the whole it looks nice and plays well for early game material.

Damn It AL to Hell

Oh, I see. It's those long single tile strips that disappear behind another. Alrighty, I'll get right on that part, but an update, the ship and space station areas have been completed, so the level should be out in bit, depends on what I have on my plate (not literally) at the time. But thanks for the feedback guys!

Damn It AL to Hell

The level has been updated, but not yet finished, download it up under the demo.  :P

Damn It AL to Hell

It's finished! Finally!!! :-*
And since it is complete, I still need to know what I need to fix or improve on. Don't worry I can handle criticizm.  :P

PJBottomz

This was pretty good. I enjoyed the challenges. There are still a few spot where there are cutoff tiles, but this was pretty nice.

Arthur

Are you sure it's finished? The last room made me think it's not finished...

Vallu

In the second last room if you go to right instead of going to the teleporter, the game glitches. But good level!

Damn It AL to Hell

Quote from: Arthur on April 19, 2012, 08:45:31 AM
Are you sure it's finished? The last room made me think it's not finished...

Yeah, I left the end until the next level because I have taken a brief hiatus from VVVVVV level making, but I'm working on a brand new level. And thanks for playing it!  :)

Quote from: Vallu on July 16, 2012, 07:25:02 AM
In the second last room if you go to right instead of going to the teleporter, the game glitches. But good level!

Oh, sorry, I'll get right on that. Thanks for telling me.  :)

Oh, and for old times sake...            :shiny: _ :shiny:           Trinket face!       

Dav999

Quote from: Vex69 on July 17, 2012, 05:45:35 PM
Oh, and for old times sake...            :Trinket: _ :Trinket:           Trinket face!     

Did you mean :shiny: _ :shiny: ? Trinket won't work, just shiny.

Damn It AL to Hell

Oh, whoops! Haven't been on for months I've forgotten.  :P