Linux Testing

Started by Terry, January 20, 2010, 12:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry

I've got a version of the game running on Linux - I'd really love some help testing it before I make a full version. If you're a linux user and you'd like to help, let me know!

Terry

Hmm, feck - looks like there are some problems with the solution I was hoping to use. Guess I'll keep trying!

dinx2582

I don't know if you've built support for 64bit, but if you have, I'd be more than happy to do some testing for you when things are up and running again.

Patch

I'd be happy to help with Linux testing. 

(In the meantime, anyone know if there's a way to get the full game to run in Windowed mode under Wine?)

Regards,
~ Patch

Terry

I'm going to post something about this tomorrow once I'm sure, but I've been trying for days and I just can't get the linux version of the game working well enough to be comfortable releasing it. I'm out of ideas and I think I have to give up on it. :'(

On the bright side, I'm going to make sure the first patch of the game makes the windows version a little bit more wine friendly by starting in a window, which will hopefully allow linux users to play the game that way (since I've been told that the game runs perfectly under wine). I'm also looking into the possibility of an online version, which linux users will be able to play.

StephenM3

mmm.  It's your choice about the online thing, but I feel like it would only encourage those who insist this game is worth no money because it's made in flash.  Those people already exist, of course, and it's not like they're actually worth any attention when making decisions like this, but... they're so freaking  >:( annoying!

Terry

Bah, whatever. Some people will prefer to play an online version, some people will prefer it to be offline. I want to accommodate everyone. Besides, I had someone offer to help me do it, and it's someone who's been kinda good to me in the past so I'm up for giving it a try. :viridian:

Riiick

If you make any headway I'd be happy to help with Linux testing. I fancied a quick game of VVVVVV but didn't as I realized I'd have to reboot into Windows.

Terry

I posted about the Linux issues I'm having to the blog. Sorry. :victoria: