Beta 2.1.2 Pre-release testing thread

Started by Terry, November 16, 2011, 03:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry

I'm posting this as a new thread so that people don't miss it - Simon's updated the 2.1 beta patch! It features some new OpenGL rendering code that seems to make the game run a lot smoother, hopefully sorting out all graphical issues once and for all.

You can get it from this thread!

I'm off to Minecon for about a week from tomorrow morning - if everything's running properly with this version of the patch by the time I get back, we're going to roll it out officially on steam and the mac app store. It's really important that we check it's running perfectly before we do that, though, so I'd really appreciate it if you could try out the new patch and confirm whether it's working, or if there are any major problems we've missed with it. Thanks!

Quote from: simoroth on November 16, 2011, 02:00:17 AM
:o
um we got a bit derailed here. But if anyone is still having problems a new windows binary is now up. (also its worth getting for a framerate boost)
I will comment here. Only the windows patch has been updated? There is a coming update for the linux build this week, Terry?

simoroth

Quote from: 999999 on November 16, 2011, 04:01:29 PM
Quote from: simoroth on November 16, 2011, 02:00:17 AM
:o
um we got a bit derailed here. But if anyone is still having problems a new windows binary is now up. (also its worth getting for a framerate boost)
I will comment here. Only the windows patch has been updated? There is a coming update for the linux build this week, Terry?

Brand new Linux build is going up in a little bit, just getting it confirmed with my own testers before putting it out for Beta.

bdr9

I just downloaded the new Windows build and it's the same file as before. Has it not been updated yet?

capnxtreme

Same here. I'm not sure if I'm getting a cached copy or something like that, but I'm downloading exactly the same file.

xTwoTails

Terry's avatar has always made me wonder "where is it from" lol
downloaded and patched just in case.

simoroth

Looks like a lot of people are getting the cached copy. I'll put a file up with a new name after lunch. Not sure whether its my server or a specific ISP thats doing it.

Edit: New link for the windows version up with a few new bug fixes too. :)

A new linux link will be in a bit, still have the odd person having screen scaling issues.

Damn It AL to Hell

Awesome! Too bad I can't test it till tomorrow  :victoria:

xTwoTails

Yanow what happened after I patched?

I previously finished a game in 18m:07s and when the game saved itself, (Save files updated) then reloaded I appeared in "Last Straw" and the ( Game Completed ) music started to play XD
I finished the game once more , the sound stopped playing, then it started again.

-- Game Completed
Time: 18m:23s

Damn It AL to Hell

Is there supposed to be something new in the game with the update?

darkhog

Some bugs:

- If you press ESC during level testing when script is playing and then return to level, you can't go back to level editor and level hangs (not whole game, just movement and action keys). You can't press enter and the only option to go back is to go back directly to main menu which means unsaved level data is lost. Pretty serious bug.

- OpenGL + fullscreen don't work properly, but you probably already know that.

And some suggestions:

- When in Direct Mode, make tile palette work like space and shift menus and let selecting tiles by clicking them in palette. Mouse scroll will scroll tile palette up/down.
- When in normal editing mode, let us change selected tool with mouse scroll (like changing weapons in shooters) additionally to use keyboard shortcuts.

LucasK

Every time i start the game, the window appears being a white screen, the game is running, but the image is not, i can hear sounds and all.  :victoria:

FIQ

What OS? Linux sometimes get their problems with libraries and such, even though just a update of the game binary shouldn't make any difference.
2.1 enabled possibility to use openGL, but IIRC it's off by default (same as 2.0).
Does rollbacking to 2.0 work?

LucasK

I use Windows XP, version 2.0 works, i make my levels in that version.

ToasterApocalypse

Sadly, the steam version has not been updated yet. :victoria: