VVVVVV 3DS to launch next week

Started by Officer Captain, December 24, 2011, 08:12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seaking177

Quote from: Bloodix on February 01, 2012, 04:51:54 PM
Keep in mind ratings are per region/country. So they are not global.
the game is only out in north America right now :viridian:

Vallu

When will this hit Europe? I've been waiting for this to come about 50 days. :victoria: I'm going to buy this with my little sister (we both own a 3DS) and i hope this will get enough buys that it wil get level editor. :viridian: I've heard that it's possible to move levels from PC-version level editor to 3DS version, is this true?

seaking177

its gonna be some time till it gets to the EU, much less JP :(

and right now, i do not see how importing levels from the PC to the 3DS will work, the level editor would have to be remade im some form so it would be possible, unless VVVVVV will be the first game you can import your own files into to add content, but i do not see that happening.

Martze

I wasn't aware that it would be going to Japan at all. Is it? That would honestly surprise me.

seaking177

Quote from: Martze on February 09, 2012, 11:04:20 PM
I wasn't aware that it would be going to Japan at all. Is it? That would honestly surprise me.
i dont know if it is or not, it was just something i wanted to put haha.

oh, also, if you are wondering about submitting stuff, the guys that are doing Colors! 3D did a blog post about it.
http://www.collectingsmiles.com/news/colors-3d-dev-diary-the-final-stretch/

seffyroff

I wonder what point the EU version is through post-production?  I've been through Nintendo Lot Check several times, it's a bit of a lottery.  Although it sounds like the delay was prior to that, getting a rating from one of the boards (USK I think?). They can really catch you out if you're not paying attention. I wonder if Terry or someone from Nicalis is reading this, and would reply with where the game is at through the publishing pipeline?

EDIT: Looks like I should pay more attention to Twitter.  Nicalis tweeted they have their PEGI rating and are submitting to NOE 5 days ago.  Fingers crossed we may have good news this week!

FIQ

Is it the same as the US one (which have a non-working Flip Mode and some problems with the "bonus" soundtrack in Final Level)?

Bloodix

https://twitter.com/#!/nicalis

Apparently coming to Europe very soon w/ the bug fix. Also us in NA will get the fix soon as well!  :viridian:

seaking177

Quote from: Bloodix on February 14, 2012, 03:33:36 AM
Also us in NA will get the fix soon as well!  :viridian:
its not gonna come soon  :victoria: we have to wait for the Nintendo Network to come out before we can get any patches / dlc for VVVVVV (or any non-nintendo game (because some downloaded stuff from nintendo has already got updates))

Bloodix

Why would we have to wait? This is a patch, not DLC. We've already gotten patches for games already (a lot of the recent VC ones recently have done nothing granted, but several have). System is already in place to handle updates like this.

seaking177

but you see, those updates are from nintendo themselves, not a 3ed party.  i was posting on the Zen Pinball 3D forum and a rep from Zen even said that in order to send out updates, the Nintendo network has to be up.

so yes, the system can handle updates, but only from Nintendo right now.

Bloodix

Ya I remember that response. I think he may of meant the DLC itself. By the time it's approved anyways, I'm sure Nintendo Network would be up anyways.

Vallu

Agh! The waiting just kills me! It feels like it have been year since North America got it...  I hope EU will get it soon..

seaking177

woo! VVVVVV is featured in the Nintendo Show 3D "Download this" this week  :viridian:!

Vallu

I wonder what the stars in custom levels mean. I have cleared nearly all of them and usually when I clear a custom level there will be 2 stars. Sometimes there is 1 and when I finally beat 333333 there were no stars at all! Can someone please tell me what those stars mean? (Sorry for my bad english :viridian:)