VVVVVV Records: No Death Mode, Super Gravitron, Time Trials

Started by Terry, January 12, 2012, 03:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue626

Quote from: TwiGav on December 10, 2012, 10:46:07 PM
I suck at these modes.   :victoria:

I can barely get a B Rank on SS1 and I haven't even attempted the others.  My record for No death mode is only Brass Sent us Under the Top.  Super Gravitron must not be mentioned.

???
B is the worst rank you can get. In the TTs there are 3 goals:
Complete the level in less time than the Par Time
Complete the level without deaths
Collect all trinkets

You get a B if you don't complete any of the goals, A if you complete 1, S if you complete 2 and V if you complete all 3.

Now, how can you get to Brass Send us to the top if you can't get an A rank in SS1? :o Did you make a typing mistake in "B-rank"; or did you try to get an A by completing it without deaths (and perhaps carefully (and slow) enough to surely miss the Par), thus having enough practice to get that far in No Death Mode?
(Also, you need to get 4 S-ranks to unlock No Death Mode, but I suppose you unlocked it in the unlock menu).

EDIT: Also, the more time you play a game, the better you get at it (this was obvious, wasn't it?). So, not getting any A rank is normal if you've only played the game for ≈10 hours (but very irregular if you've played for ≈100 hours).

Quote from: Zidnox on December 07, 2012, 07:13:35 PM
Quote from: blue626 on December 07, 2012, 06:17:04 PMWaiting just makes it be more precise, so I don't know how being fast can lower the chances of dying, at least in that case.

I suppose because I always cleared that part at the Time Trials relying in my muscle memory every time, so the first time I reached there in a real run I didn't want to take the risk, so I decided to take my time but it seems that being so nervous for reaching that far completely killed my skill, losing there twice isn't something normal at all, that's why I just decided to go with muscle memory the next time and it worked!

Apparently, you were right, as I died in that part (in the Time Trial) because I hesitated.

Dav999

Quote from: blue626 on December 12, 2012, 05:41:09 PM
Now, how can you get to Brass Send us to the top if you can't get an A rank in SS1? :o Did you make a typing mistake in "B-rank"; or did you try to get an A by completing it without deaths (and perhaps carefully (and slow) enough to surely miss the Par), thus having enough practice to get that far in No Death Mode?

Maybe he was luckier in his no-death mode attempt than in his time trial attempt? Or maybe he hasn't played a time trial in a long time?

TwiGav

This probably shouldn't go here, but it's an accomplishment in its own right. 

YES YES YES I FINALLY LEGITIMATELY BEAT VENI VIDI VICI YEEEEEEEEEEES

I guess this means I can stop abusing invincibility... :victoria:

blue626

I recently did 1:14 without deaths on the Lab! I'm going to try to do it even faster, as it's possible.
I sometimes died on "Kids his age bounce", which it used to be easy for me! Why?

Also, I recenty did the Final Level with 1 death... in 2:03, but I don't remeber the time well, and it doesn't show the correct best time, since I have 2.0. Very close to the V rank!

RobinLSL

FINALLY

I now declare myself to be the World Champion of Super Gravitron, with a score of 4:48!

This took... a long time. But perseverance pays off! Maybe one day I'll come back and have a try at 5 minutes...

Dav999

Try 100 minutes? 8) Pfft, easy:

The game can't even display that score well!

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: Dav999 on January 09, 2013, 10:28:55 PM
Try 100 minutes? 8) Pfft, easy:

The game can't even display that score well!
Nice invincibility olololololololoolololololololololololololololololo

Dav999

Yep. :D But it may still be the highest time ever! (also looking at invincibility cheaters)

I actually first posted that screenshot in this thread.

RobinLSL

There's other ways of cheating too - if you click on the top of the game window the game pauses and you can use the time to think about your next move!

Dav999

Quote from: RobinLSL on January 10, 2013, 06:14:46 PM
There's other ways of cheating too - if you click on the top of the game window the game pauses and you can use the time to think about your next move!

That's why there's no pause button in Super Hexagon!

blue626

Still trying to get a V rank at the Final Level.
After about 40 minutes of attempts, I decided to not resart after a death, but try to die as less times as possible and be fast. I did 1:59 with 2 deaths... even if I already did it with 1 death in more time!
I'm sure I can do it without deaths!

Quote from: RobinLSL on January 10, 2013, 06:14:46 PM

You can also press esc, I think. And I would affect more if the pause screen showed the screen and wasn't black... although it still affects.
Another reason for recording your Super Gravitron high score attempt! The other one was this.
Also, why isn't invincibility disabled in the Secret Lab, like PJ suggested (in the post I linked)? Time Trials and No Death Mode are disabled when with invincibility, right? So, why not?

RobinLSL

Pausing with esc is pretty much unusable - too much disturbance.

In other silly news, I got 6:50 ...

FIQ

Quote from: RobinLSL on January 14, 2013, 11:11:53 AM

Have you thought of clearing no death with all 20 trinkets yet? ;)

That was what I was thinking of trying once I manage no death w/o any trinkets (but the mandatory one, of course).

RobinLSL

Quote from: FIQ on January 14, 2013, 11:15:38 AM
Quote from: RobinLSL on January 14, 2013, 11:11:53 AM

Have you thought of clearing no death with all 20 trinkets yet? ;)

That was what I was thinking of trying once I manage no death w/o any trinkets (but the mandatory one, of course).

I'm really scared of that one trinket in the lab where you have to go into a tiny corner in AND out. Veni Vidi Vici shouldn't be too bad, but I think a main obstacle would be the pure boredom of going all around the map everytime...