VVVVVV Records: No Death Mode, Super Gravitron, Time Trials

Started by Terry, January 12, 2012, 03:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue626

After various hours speedruning (but not in a row), I recently did the Lab in 1:13 without deaths and without trinkets. Download attachment for screenshot.
That's actually only 1 second less than my previous best, but I'm satisfied, as I managed to do every shortcut I wanted. Also, isn't one second a big difference when you're as fast as this?
I think it would be very hard to get 1:12... Still, some people claimed they did it in 1:11. :o I got 1:13, but it was nearly 1:14, so maybe it was less 0.5 seconds instead... this is a case where the timer having tenths of a second would be useful.
Has anyone noticed that if you do it lots of times, eventually you would be able to do some rooms while not being concentrated? Maybe you even have less chance of dying or being slow, like Dav999 said!

EDIT: Fixed a typing mistake.

EDIT 2 (15 days after posting): First, some "off-topic-ness": Yes, I somehow managed to make the "new" icon appear in this thread in the board index without posting again!
This always happens if you edit the last post. Good way to prevent posting multiple times in a row, isn't it? However, it doesn't show the date of the edit unless it's the last edit (you can see why I said "15 days after posting") and doesn't activate the "new posts" icon in the board in the forum index (I think...). It obviously doesn't raise your post count either. :P

On-topic: Being sick of speedruning in the Laboratory, I tried doing that in the Warp Zone, using some tricks I learned in videos and some I discovered myself.
At some point, I decided to, instead of restarting after dying, continue to see if I'm still being fast. This way, I got 1:22 with 2 deaths (and no trinkets). That's less 5 seconds than the fastest S rank (without trinkets) I ever did. 8) O0 However, no screenshot.

Off-topic again: Yes, Dav999, I read about the new smiley you discovered. How did you find out about it?

Dav999

Quote from: blue626 on April 16, 2013, 07:40:33 PM
Off-topic again: Yes, Dav999, I read about the new smiley you discovered. How did you find out about it?

That'll be a secret for some time O0

ToasterApocalypse

N

Chillius

Chillius

O0

Odd i read it and it's not working so... 8)

EDIT: O 0 (Without space) is the afro thingy.

N

Quote from: Super Chillius03 on May 02, 2013, 04:29:12 PM
O0

Odd i read it and it's not working so... 8)

EDIT: O 0 (Without space) is the afro thingy.
O0

The smiley is haunting my dreams

Chillius

N

blue626

I managed to do a faster S rank in the Warp Zone (again, no trinkets): 1:19. Attached.
Also, I tried to use the Tower's shortcut mentioned in the old TT thread and only managed to be faster by one second (1:31), even after completing the level twice while trying. 2nd time screenshot attached. I guess I just have to keep trying...
And isn't 1:31 in 2.x. equal to 1:32 or so in 1.x. because of the glitch (already mentioned)?

lamourieparkinson

No Death Mode highscore: Not as I Do (I'm telling you, that room is evil.)
Super Gravitron: 1 minute and 10 seconds, but I was cheating with invincibility. My REAL score is 23 seconds.
Time Trials: V ranked all the levels except for the Lab, which I have an S rank on still. And considering the "I'm Sorry" trinket, I probably won't ever be capable of V ranking the Lab.

Lollipop

Quote from: lamourieparkinson on June 27, 2016, 09:30:25 PM
(I'm telling you, that room is evil.)

the first time i played vvvvvv i think i spent at least an hour on that room

lol...ipops2

Quote from: Lollipop on June 27, 2016, 09:58:55 PM
Quote from: lamourieparkinson on June 27, 2016, 09:30:25 PM
(I'm telling you, that room is evil.)

I had to look up a guide.

allison

Quote from: Lollipop on June 27, 2016, 09:58:55 PM
Same here. The game is really well designed for the most part, but that room was just irritating

Ally 🌠

"Oh, well the game has been really easy so far.
I guess I should add a...
Difficulty spike!
hahaha..."