VVVVVV Records: No Death Mode, Super Gravitron, Time Trials

Started by Terry, January 12, 2012, 03:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue626

Okay ... quadruple-posts :-X. The reason for posting a new post is the same as before.

This thread is inactive, I'm the only one posting here! The reason for not posting here might be different for each person. There are 3 reasons, sorted by probability, the 1st being the more likely to be the one:

• The person doesn't have anything to say about my posts or about their own personal records in general.
  • The person doesn't try the TTs, No Death Mode and SG anymore.
  • The person ignores the sticky threads because the "normal" threads are more active, thus they always look to the "normal" threads area.

It may be any of them, or more than one, or other besides these. Which is/are the reason(s)?

Off-Topic: Why is the word "the" underlined in red when inside a list?

blue626

Quintuple-posts! :o I don't remember seeing any of these in this forum!
After 2 days, nobody replied to my last post here, for some reason I don't know :-X. Perhaps the reason is always reason 3...

Look at this blog post by Terry, mainly at its 1st comment: You must be this tall to ride the Super Hexagon
The main purpose of this blog post is to tell people that Super Hexagon is finished and that it's similar to several minigames that Terry made, one of them being the Super Gravitron in VVVVVV. Actually, Super Gravitron and Super Hexagon are both enemy dodging games in which there's no "safe" place (and I suppose that the others that he mentioned are also part of that genre), so that makes sense.
Though, the reason I made this post and posted about that blog post is that, in its 1st comment, someone seemed to say that he/she made 4:22 on the Super Gravitron!

RobinLSL

Damn, looks like my three-minutes-and-whatever I got is nowhere near good enough! But I still think I shouldn't play it anymore...

As for why people don't post anymore, well this forum is pretty dead-ish anywhere (the whole thing gets like a few posts per day?)

As for me, I don't think I have anything interesting to say anymore, having beaten No Death and having a good enough score and the SG.

Dav999

Aww... I was waiting for sextuple posts... :victoria:

Quote from: RobinLSL on September 02, 2012, 09:54:58 AM
As for why people don't post anymore, well this forum is pretty dead-ish anywhere (the whole thing gets like a few posts per day?)

You call this dead-ish? I know a forum which has an average of 0.31 posts a day, with the last message posted in February 2010! That is a dead forum. See the difference:

This forum:   Other forum:
Average registrations per day:   22.100
Average posts per day:9.770.31
Average topics per day:1.150.02
Average online per day:26.170.06

blue626

RobinLSL: Don't tell me there still are people that think that this forum is almost dead! I disagree with RobinSLS too!
If you look at the forum stats and sort the months by descending order of the number of posts, July 2012 is in 5th place and August in 6th. The forum already exists for 32 months.
Also, sorting the months chronologically, there is a large "zone" of inactivity between March 2010 and June 2011, where that number never reaches 300. In June 2011, the forum was really dead, as that number is just 1 and I can't find that post, so I suppose that was a spambot post, now deleted. So, this forum is relatively active to (most of) its past. If you're comparing to the very active months of August and September 2011, supposing that those were simply active (and not very active) and, thus, asumming that the forum is now almost dead, then you're not thinking right about it.
A few posts per day? Most of the days have somewhere between 10 and 30 posts posted. There are even days that >50 posts are posted, but those are rare. In August 2012, 599 posts have been posted. Divide that by the number of days in August which is 31 and you'll get 19,32, which is the average number of posts per day in August 2012. Considering this average, this forum isn't even inactive (well, at least in my opinion)! That average is also about 2x the overall average Dav999 mentioned (that you can also find at the forum stats), thus proving again that the forum is relatively active to (most of) its past.
So, are you used to more active forums, where 50 posts/day in average is considered as simply active (and not very active)?

Quote from: Dav999 on September 02, 2012, 11:29:30 AM
Aww... I was waiting for sextuple posts... :victoria:

WHY? Why would you want me to make the forum's 1st set of sextuple posts!?!? I was really waiting for replies! I even considered option 2 (see 4th post of the quintuple posts), like I considered 4 months ago (see 1st reply of this thread)! What benefit would you get if I did that!?!?

Dav999

A lot of people have nothing to say here, because they are either too bad or too good. I mean, I can't say anything apart from the fact that I only V-ed SS 1, that my SG score is 18:??, and that I can't even rescue anyone else than :violet:!

blue626

That's reason 1. I knew it was the most likely!
Why would people that are too good not post here? The people that are just simply good at VVVVVV would become impressed.
In still don't understand why would you like to make a set of sextuple posts here. ???

blue626

:o ??? >:( (I'm not as angry as the smiley)
It even seems it's a good idea to make multiple posts in row! It isn't! I don't like seeing double posts myself, specially when the 2nd is posted one hour or less after the 1st one! I don't mind if it's posted days after the 1st one, like I did in this thread, though.
Roskilla: All you did was increasing your post count by 6, as well as increasing the thread's reply count by 6. Could you please erase them?

FIQ

Just make me a mod, problem solved.

...or remove the posts.

Dav999

Quote from: FIQ on September 03, 2012, 05:09:22 PM

...or remove the posts.

Or merge them into one. That's what I would do.

I guess this is the same problem as in this thread.
There are two mods on this forum, and they're not really active anymore. So again, Terry has to clean up all the spam threads on his own. Also, 13 hours ago, a spambot thread has been created, and it's still there. So, this forum needs a few new mods. I also volunteer for being a mod.

blue626

Quote from: Dav999 on September 03, 2012, 05:31:31 PM

...or remove the posts.

Or merge them into one. That's what I would do.

In this case, all 6 of them are useless, so it would be a good idea to erase them all (actually, either Terry or any of the mods already erased them).

Quote from: Dav999 on September 03, 2012, 05:31:31 PM

...or remove the posts.
There are two mods on this forum, and they're not really active anymore. So again, Terry has to clean up all the spam threads on his own. Also, 13 hours ago, a spambot thread has been created, and it's still there. So, this forum needs a few new mods. I also volunteer for being a mod.

3 mods, actually. StephenM3, Souleye and simoroth. I'll check their last acyive dates to see if they're active or not, but in terms of posting, none of them is.
Also, I don't want to be a mod, I'm fine as a regular user.

Hilbert

I removed the posts.

You're welcome.

blue626

Right... when I wrote that post, I forgot that users can delete their own posts.

Dav999

Great.
But that spam thread is still there :victoria:

@RoskillaHULK!! You just changed your avatar! What's up with changing avatars lately? If I don't pay enough attention, then I will start to think: wait, is this actually the right forum I'm looking at? :vitellary:

And I just got the warning again'