escape from the past (WIP) by oposdeo

Started by oposdeo, January 19, 2012, 01:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oposdeo

I have made a level in vvvvvv called escape from the past. it is hard, and even harder if you try to get all the trinkets, though getting all the trinkets will reward you with a bonus section, (you cant truly win without it :3) by the way I made this map to be very story based along with being very fun, so expect allot of story,
HERES THE DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/?3r5x41hsblzmcm5   

i currently have no screenshots.

note that this is a work in progress. all the annoying roomtext HAS BEEN FIXED! version 0.3 is out! the download link above is now different!( if you want version 0.1 or 0.2 go to the bottom of the page)

send all feedback to oposdeo@gmail.com or i guess you could just reply to this post.

VERSION HITSORY
V0.1 main storyline and some of alt ending made.

V0.2 changed most roomtext into scripting
        shortened alot of text
        added more music

V0.3 fixed a typo
        made trinket room work

V1.0(NOT MADE YET)
       will finish alt ending
       will make text not appear twice
       will fix any other bugs
       might add more backing to the map

OLD VERSIONS
V0.1:  http://www.mediafire.com/?tkxsiun6b9l851a
V0.2:  http://www.mediafire.com/?7fc6wiyby8gd77u   

octern

This is an extraordinary level! I just completed it after about 1300 deaths and 3 hours.

I'm surprised there haven't been any comments. It might have to do with the first room -- I died about 100 times before getting beyond that, and I think it was much harder than any of the challenges you offered "easy mode" for. I almost ragequit 3 or 4 times, as well as almost making a calm, principled decision to quit twice. I'd strongly suggest starting with something a little bit simpler and ramping up...

Arthur

The first room didn't seem too hard for me. The main parts where I had trouble were the first trinket, the maze (it made me crazy >:(), the marathon (I missed its trinket the first time I played it), and SPAAAAAAAAAAAAA..., you know what I mean.
Also, there is TOO MUCH ROOMTEXT. Even in the current version. Use more script, please.
The importance of trinkets makes you should be more able to backtrack (for example, you come back to the beginning in the bad ending)

oposdeo

thanks for the feedback! also im not sure if its in this version but there might be a ton of trinkets at the area where you open the door to the alt ending. anyways I'll add a world select point every once and awhile so you can go back if you have to. and i'll toss out all the room text I forgot, and fix a couple of other issues. havent worked on the level or checked the forums in a good amount of time. I might also add some more to the alt. ending and... nah i'm going to leave the first room the same. good to give a little challenge at the begining, the level isnt supposed to be charitable. anyways expect an extremely difficult course at the alt ending, cause I feel I didnt make it hard enough, and finally If anyone beat the trinket part where it asks if you want to be a chicken or go the hard way, please tell me. I got tired and didn't feel like trying to beat it anymore, which is why I made the chicken path.

Arthur

This trinket is extremely easy to get, since you can press R in midair before touching the checkpoint :P

FIQ

Quote from: Arthur on March 30, 2012, 04:35:02 PM
This trinket is extremely easy to get, since you can press R in midair before touching the checkpoint :P
I would call that "abusing debug (or for end users, "emergency") optionsä". :P