Extra Zone

Started by Pyrite, February 12, 2012, 02:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

avengah

It seems that glitch in the final room has been fixed in the version in the seven pack. I still suggest making that script box smaller, though...

However, that version introduces a new glitch. If you enter the teleporter to the Final Zone without enough trinkets, a gravity line bounces you into spikes with a message. However, dying during this message prevents you from flipping until you exit. Normally it wouldn't be a problem I think, but since another script activates at the start point, it causes the new script to start immediately, removing the text boxes but not removing the "Press Action to continue" thing; this prevents you flipping permanently until you exit.

And in "Mobile Trinket Storage Device", if you use the upper checkpoint it can cause you to die repeatedly until the enemy moves off the checkpoint - and if you leave the room then die, respawning there, it's guaranteed to happen because you can't get out in time.

There is a minor glitch going down from the snake room due to walls being there, and a similar thing happens when going from the east of the Promethean lab to the west. If you flip at just the right time you can even go through the floor into the CONDEMNED tunnel.

Finally, go east from Ominous Crater and you might end up in the wall, floating up or down again. Maybe make that entrance two squares wide in the snake room instead of one.

Pyrite

There's no way to get to the Final Zone without enough trinkets. Not unless you saved there and put in the updated file and you got less trinkets. Also the part in the last room is definitely the hardest part of the level. I've seen harder levels in here though, some of them found by digging in the 2011 parts.

avengah

Yeah, I know that, but the glitch is caused because a text box is active and then the game tries to run another script at the start point. It only happens if your current checkpoint is Crash Site I think, because there's another script box there to make Viridian happy and play Pressure Cooker.

The other glitch I was talking about in the final room is being able to activate the "I am me" script in midair. This shouldn't happen, so if you shrink the script box to one square and put it on the right of the platform it should be fixed.

Pyrite

I didn't fix that glitch because I want difficult C:
If you have a problem with it then oh well. I'm making a huge bump because it's my topic and I can do what I want! :viridian: