Music in the level editor

Started by FIQ, February 13, 2012, 11:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FIQ

Hi again!
I was almost frightened for a few minutes ago when opening the editor - and suddenly "Positive force" popped up out of nowhere (It's great music, just totally unexpected). Especially as I don't even use it in my test level.

After some investigation, I came to the conclusion:
Somehow, VVVVVV keeps track of your last coordinate, and starts some music based on that IF, and only IF, that coordinate triggers a music file in the original game.

For example, I played around in 10,1 in my own level, saving, quitting and went into the editor - and Positive Force started to play. I realised 10,X is where The Tower is.
Tried to play with this, and placed myself just right where The Laboratory begins (that labyrinth in the start), and then fired up the editor again. The Laboratory music didn't start to play as expected - but Passion For Exploring did. So clearly there's something related to this.

I can be wrong though - but this is completly reproducible for me.

Keiji

I thought this was a complaint about not being able to listen to the music in the editor, but I was pleasantly surprised  :viridian:

(It'd be great if we could somehow choose to play music in the editor without using such interesting quirks, though...)

Dav999

Actually, you CAN play any music in the editor, if you go to the screen where you can change the map music, select a song, and press esc, it will continue to play until you leave the editor or test your level! :)
(Please don't fix this in 2.1 :victoria:)

MoogiGMD

i also found another way...die while in the tower without hitting a checkpoint and go backwards...you should hear it in the editor but i found it second!

MoogiGMD

NEW GLITCH WITH MUSIC:Play My VVVVVV 2 Map and complete without collection other charicters

fall out of level and go to level editor...and you get PRESSURE COOKER...

WTF? THIS IS INSANE!

Chillius

Quote from: Dav999 on July 14, 2012, 07:28:31 PM
Actually, you CAN play any music in the editor, if you go to the screen where you can change the map music, select a song, and press esc, it will continue to play until you leave the editor or test your level! :)
(Please don't fix this in 2.1 :victoria:)

I know i have just bumped this (sorry guys)

This bug has not been fixed in 2.1 and is still avalible.

Fussmatte

That bump wasn't necessary. At all.

allison

N

allison