R.I.P. distractionware forums

Started by GLaDOS V.3, April 04, 2012, 08:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FIQ

Quote from: PJBottomz on May 04, 2012, 07:55:06 PM
Quote from: Insani on May 04, 2012, 10:49:15 AM
Ugh... making VVVVVV levels just isn't that much fun anymore. Especially not when using Direct mode.

It's gotten difficult, and all the good ideas have long since been taken.
Don't say so! The biggest limiting factor is the fantasy, and also there's some idea I've seen in this forum that never got finalized.

And yes, it's sad that the community has pretty much died. Not that I was here when it was active, but I've seen it being more active than when I came...

Insani

You sure about that? I haven't seen one in the style of Warped yet. Then again, I don't play many use created levels. Lol.

(Warped = a ton of tiny challenges strung together via warp portals)

blue626

If you look at the forum statistics you will see that this isn't the only time the forum is slow :viridian:. For example March 2010 to June 2011.

FIQ

That was because in July 2011, VVVVVV was released as part of HIB3, which increased activity greatly.

blue626

I also noticed that many peole have registered in this forum recently. In 2010/11, ≈200 people registered per month. In 2012, it's ≈3000 per month! :o Is it because of the 3DS version?

Edit: I wonder why there aren't threads from Mar-Dec 2010 or Jan-Jun 2011 saying that the forum was dead? They posted as much as a month ago!

Also, I believe that the forum is alive now :viridian: :).

Edit 2: I was right, from May 1 to today (May 20) already 300 posts have been posted :viridian: :) :viridian: :) :viridian: :).

FIQ

The reason of the amount of people that registers is that they're spambots. I don't know what Terry did, but they've been very scarce nowdays, before (>1 month ago) they was pretty much everywhere.

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: Insani on May 04, 2012, 10:49:15 AM
Ugh... making VVVVVV levels just isn't that much fun anymore.

I still find it fun, but barely any of them get finished/released.

FIQ

ToasterApocalypse

blue626

10 000 members! According to FIQ, most of them are spambots, so ... about 8000 spambots?!  :o
:vitellary:So much spam!

Quote from: ToasterApocolypse on May 22, 2012, 07:38:01 PM
OYUS.   :viridian:

???

EDIT: 3 hours after I posted this, more 100 people/spambots have registered! :o

EDIT 2: Now there are only 640 members! :o I looked into the member list and I noticed that every member that didn't write any post had registered today. Looks like Terry erased every account that didn't write any post, considering that they were all spambots, just like he did in December 2010.
That also means that there are only about 600 members that have posted at least once!

EDIT 3: Now there are 551 members, every member except one has posted at least once, and that remaining member has registered today, so, I suppose Terry did it again.

EDIT 4: Only About 550 members have posted at least once! (Are 550 few?)

blue626

Everyone, read my previous post, I've edited it and it may be interesting (I posted this one so that people will look at the edits).