VVVVVV 3DS eShop launch in Europe

Started by FIQ, April 16, 2012, 12:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FIQ

Is there any news regarding this? I've waited since it launched in US. I miss it!

I was happy when I read that the PEGI rating was finalized, this was 2 months ago.

It will be released, sure? Just not yet? If not, I will be disappointed.

EDIT: typos

FIQ

Finally, a tweet regarding this by Nicalis! Apparently I asked right on time.

"some good news next week".

Also, someone should help Terry with taking care of these spambots.

seaking177

nice!

if it comes out this week for you guys in the EU, then that's colours! 3D (Colors! 3D) and VVVVVV the same day...

i think VVVVVV might not come out this week :(...

FIQ

Finally!

It'll be released May 10th according to Nicalis' twitter. Awesome news.

http://twitter.com/nicalis

Vallu

Yeshzz! I've been waiting for this. I'm going to buy this right when it comes. Can't wait!

Vallu

..It came and it was a disappoint. I thought it was going to be 6 euros but 8 is maybe too much. I'm thinking again if this is worth 8 euros.... I'm a big fan of the game but still...

E: I decided not to buy. I hyped 6 months for this and suddenly 8e. :'(

FIQ

I bought it and did the main story in ½h (as usual @comp). Have to say, it was HARD to do Gravitron with 3DS controls. Other than that, awesome.

Too bad there's no way to import levels though.

Bugs:
- Final Level doesn't run the remixed music when playing Time Trial
- Custom level quits can give a black screen when you've completed them, forcing you to go back to home menu, kill VVVVVV that way, and restart.
- (in Custom Level, but it's VVVVVV's fault): There's something funny going on in "Out Flipping" in Vertiginious Viridian, the user can be instawarped to the next room for some reason. The level also have some leaks, but that's the designer's problem (and it's quite hard to fix now huh), not VVVVVV's. This also applies for the desktop version.

Also, 8€ isn't much (IMO), and if you follow Nicalis' twitter today, you might get lucky (he's going to deliver 5 VVVVVV codes)!

Vallu

Yeah, maybe you are right.. I actually went to a Gamestop to buy an eShop card. I cleared the game in 1 hour.  :)

FIQ

Too bad you cannot import custom levels from the SD card.
I understand why there isn't a level editor - the desktop editor wouldn't work without heavy modifications, and there's too much job in doing a new from scratch. But I would guess letting users import levels would be easier to do, and also very fun for users.

This way, the 3DS release would last even longer for users.

RobinLSL

Finally out!  :viridian:
I'm going to buy it on a friend's 3DS tomorrow  :D (been waiting for months!)

Chillius

BUMP BUMP. ahh i hurt my head.

i bought it on new years in 2011.