VVVVVV forgotten?

Started by Starius65, May 09, 2012, 03:08:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starius65

what happened to this place? last year it was updated all the time, and now here almost halfway into 2012 and its like there is nothing left of anyone! In my opinion, VVVVVV is so far the best game I have played this year. Why has everyone forgotten about it? Where is everybody??  :victoria:

buzzyrecky

Yeah, it's kinda sad.

I've been wanting VVVVVV ever since I saw a video of it back in 2011, but because of college I've been broke.

And then when I finally got it... the forums were dead! I was disappointed, haha.

Well, if you're looking for levels... mine will probably be up in a day or two. I am currently working on the last 3 rooms, and then all I have left to do is testing for glitches, typos, etc.

PJBottomz

Sadly, the buzz from VVVVVV is over. :victoria:

When it got released with the Humble Indie Bundle, it was a huge hit - everyone wanted it. When people got hold of the level editor, things really heated up. It was so good that Terry HAD to release 2.1. But after that, the forum began to slowly stop. Many people who used to be well-known on this forum are now gone, returned back to their lives. You guys are the late catchers. VVVVVV is old now.

Maybe it'll make a comeback. Maybe not. Who knows?

blue626

Read the forum yearly stats and my post from the "R.I.P. distractionware forums" thread. You'll get happier :viridian:.

RobinLSL

You need to go look outside of the Internet to have some fun VVVVVV interactions. I myself have only started playing this game around february and I pretty much convinced half a dozen to (re)play the game quite a bit, I'm even having a Super Gravitron (competition) with one of those friends etc!
And I just gave the 3DS version to another friend as a birthday present...

The game is excellent enough that it WILL catch the attention of anyone who plays it!

FIQ

Heh, a friend that had never played VVVVVV since not-so-long ago asked me what I played (when I played it), he tried and I convinced him enough to play it for himself. :P

I'm pretty late, got VVVVVV in december this year (but I've wanted it since HIB3... if only I wasn't freaking 2 hours late.. D:)

Hilbert

The forums aren't dead yet!
I registered yesterday.
there have been posts today.
Don't Give up hope!

:verdigris: I hear Roskilla is going to make a sequel to VVVVVV this summer... :vitellary: Is it true? :viridian:Yay! More trinkets! :shiny:

blue626

Quote from: RoskillaHULK!! on June 17, 2012, 11:24:28 PM
The forums aren't dead yet!
I registered yesterday.
there have been posts today.
Don't Give up hope!

I think that the forum is already active for a month. :viridian: Have you noticed that the last post in this thread was written a month ago?