In Pursuing Design

Started by buzzyrecky, May 09, 2012, 11:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arthur

Quote from: buzzyrecky on May 09, 2012, 11:42:44 AM
The level took me a little over an hour to 100% (I had to test it), so I'd say it will take anywhere between thirty minutes to one hour to complete
My first thought about it: "Really?"
So I tried to speedrun the level, and i finished it in less than 8 minutes. And yes, the bad ending is REALLY depressing.

buzzyrecky

QuoteMy first thought about it: "Really?"
So I tried to speedrun the level, and i finished it in less than 8 minutes. And yes, the bad ending is REALLY depressing.
Wow.

Well, I guess that taking time to solve the mazes/puzzles your first time might make it take a little more than 8 minutes, even if you're not going for the best ending.

and actually, fun fact: I was actually only going to keep the original ending, but near the end of the level's completion, I decided that 1-people would hate me for it and 2-I should reward the people who actually spent the time to get everything done... so I added in the better ending as well :3

Well, the terminal in The Point of No Return has been edited, and the freezing terminal is fixed (I still don't know why that one was freezing, as it wasn't really doing anything unusual... and it was a hidden, useless easter egg anyway, so good job on finding that)... so I think the current version is good bug-wise, until someone brings up something else. I'll likely release a version with edited scripts as well as something else (maybe a third ending/bonus rooms/new content of some sort) in the future, but for now I'll probably either start making a new level or play some other games I have on my list. (Just got Voxatron the other day, woo)

Also, aside from bugs, what did you think about the level? Anything I could improve on/keep in mind when I start a new level?

Pyrite

Quote from: FIQ on May 10, 2012, 12:17:53 PM
Did you post a fixed version of Fate is Dead yet?
Faith, not fate, and yes, I suppose so.

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: buzzyrecky on May 10, 2012, 09:24:17 PM
QuoteMy first thought about it: "Really?"
Wow.

Well, I guess that taking time to solve the mazes/puzzles your first time might make it take a little more than 8 minutes, even if you're not going for the best ending.

and actually, fun fact: I was actually only going to keep the original ending, but near the end of the level's completion, I decided that 1-people would hate me for it and 2-I should reward the people who actually spent the time to get everything done... so I added in the better ending as well :3

Well, the terminal in The Point of No Return has been edited, and the freezing terminal is fixed (I still don't know why that one was freezing, as it wasn't really doing anything unusual... and it was a hidden, useless easter egg anyway, so good job on finding that)... so I think the current version is good bug-wise, until someone brings up something else. I'll likely release a version with edited scripts as well as something else (maybe a third ending/bonus rooms/new content of some sort) in the future, but for now I'll probably either start making a new level or play some other games I have on my list. (Just got Voxatron the other day, woo)

Also, aside from bugs, what did you think about the level? Anything I could improve on/keep in mind when I start a new level?

Nope, it's all good. Great level.  :viridian:

FIQ

I began playing this again, turning on invincibility to get past the unwinnable-in-2.1 room.

At the "don't flip at the checkpoint" room, the terminal at the left at the ????? will set VVVVVV into an infinite loop, crashing the game, when talked to a third time. This is due to "tv21.1" calling itself, instead of 21.2.

EDIT: Oh, I realized this was posted already, sorry for that. The post however didn't explain why.

buzzyrecky

Thanks for the info

I'll add the fixed version to the first post.

buzzyrecky

also, the unwinnable room should be fixed now as well, as I edited it with a windows computer using the updated VVVVVV game and I got it to work with slight adjustments.

Bearboy

i fell into one of the spike holes at the top of nooby custom made level, and its glitching out and i can't flip anywhere, then I have to restart. fix?

buzzyrecky

Could you point out exactly where?

I tested everything myself and other people have played through the level, and I haven't heard any mention of this before. I even went back in to check and it seemed to be fine (aka kill me and send me back to the last checkpoint as intended)

Also, to anyone who cares, instead of completely reworking this level's scripts and stuff like I originally intended to, I think I am going to start a new level soon... probably not as big, but hopefully better. I will still continue to fix stuff on this one if anything is brought up though, as fixing is quite simple so I don't see why not.

Bearboy

it was the first hole. I was kind of oblivious of the floor not being there :D

buzzyrecky

are you playing with invincibility on? if so, then it might glitch, as the level isn't made to be played with that turned on.

Bearboy

I think i experienced something where whenever i turn on vvvvvv, its invincible, sooo...
It might be fixed now :)