Dimension WWWWWW

Started by ToasterApocalypse, May 18, 2012, 11:49:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue626

I finished the v.1.2 of the level with 9/10 trinkets (skipped the "Cannonballs" trinket). I forgot to view the time, I guess it's ≈1h 30min. I forgot to view the number of deaths too, but they were >1100.

Originality: I see you tried to create a level equal to VVVVVV in terms of story and level structure. Considering that's original because there isn't a level that does the same (that I know), but not original because it's equal too VVVVVV, I'll give you medium rating, adding 2 points because of the extra sub levels and some challenges. Rating: 7/10 :verdigris:
Level structure: I like levels with sub-levels (which you can do at any order). I also like open areas where you can explore. Besides the original sub levels form VVVVVV, you added 2 extra Final challenges. You did switch the crewmates' levels. Rating: 7/10 :verdigris:
Story: Besides the original story form VVVVVV, you added the 3 :viridian: s and the fact that they crashed there after exiting form D.VVVVVV. The rest was the same. Rating: 8/10 :viridian:
Design: You used Direct mode many times, some times to avoid creating single tiles that don't look good. I still saw some of those in SS2, but I think there weren't more. I liked how you used the Final Level background tiles to hide a way to go (because they look like walls!) However, you used those above and below the spikes in the WWWWWW sequence, so, when :viridian: touches the spikes, he/she passes through them, overlapping the background tiles. You should replace those with wall tiles. Rating: 9/10 :viridian:
Difficulty Balance: Note: Most of the level was medium difficulty. The hard parts were the Gravitron and the last 3 parts (out of 4) of the Final Level. The hardest rooms must have been "Gem Mine", "Room of Worry", the WWWWWW sequence and "Tourist Trap". Note: that last room of the third part of the Final Level was easy after 8 deaths, besides the last enemies. The survival rooms seem like random timing and dodging, but they were easier than the hardest rooms I mentioned. You shouldn't put unexpected deaths, like in "London Bridge is falling down" and in "W curve". After touching the warp token in "Jail Cell", you may die before touching the CP. Rating: 6/10 :verdigris:
Glitch Amount: Some scripts repeat. Referring to what I said about "Jail Cell" above, after dying, the whole cutscene repeats. The music sometimes stops after rescuing a cremate, but not always, and that may be solved by pressing M twice. Rating: 8/10 :viridian:
Total rating: 15 :shiny:/20

EDIT: Fixed some writing mistakes.
EDIT 2: Wrote more comments.

ToasterApocalypse

Gonna remake giant maze when I get time, due to high demand.

ToasterApocalypse

UPDATED!
And again, see changelog.

ToasterApocalypse

ToasterApocalypse

:viridian: :victoria: :vermillion: :vitellary: :verdigris: :violet: :violet: :verdigris: :vitellary: :vermillion: :victoria: :viridian:

Yay pointless smilies

Dav999

ToasterApocalypse

Normally, I'd come up with a bump that makes me sound retarded.

BUT... I'm out of ideas. So...

THIS THREAD IS NOW IRKEN PROPERTY.

Dav999

Quote from: ToasterApocalypse on October 03, 2012, 03:05:01 PM
Normally, I'd come up with a bump that makes me sound retarded.

You just did.

Pyrite

Wait what... is an urkel property and that did sound retarded.

ToasterApocalypse