Viridian in Super Meat Boy

Started by Pilzi, November 07, 2010, 06:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pilzi

Yesterday Tommy announced that Captain Viridian  :viridian: is a unlockable character in the steam version of super meat boy! Terry I was hoping you might tell us a bit more about it. Tommy said that  :viridian: will be a "game breaking" character so I guess he'll be able to flip.
So can you tell us about  :viridian: himself (in SMB) and how(and when) you three decided to have him as a guest character?
Also, I'd like to hear what other people think about a it. Feel free to write your opinions in this thread.  :viridian:

IAmSerge

Rox

I was always sort of intrigued by SMB, but perhaps not enough to buy it right away. Then Minecraftguy was confirmed as an unlockable character... Then Viridian was confirmed... and now I'm pretty much left with no choice! I'm extremely curious to see how they'll play! And how on earth they'll make them work...

Pilzi

Quote from: Rox on November 08, 2010, 11:34:41 PM
I was always sort of intrigued by SMB, but perhaps not enough to buy it right away. Then Minecraftguy was confirmed as an unlockable character... Then Viridian was confirmed... and now I'm pretty much left with no choice! I'm extremely curious to see how they'll play! And how on earth they'll make them work...
The games is awesome and totally worth the money I can say you that. And you'll probably like it if you like VVVVVV! I have the X-Box version too but I cant wait for the PC version because I want to play as Viridian!  :viridian:

Rox

It's totally, totally out! I just unlocked Headcrab at 10 bandages. Viridian's only 80 away, then Minecraftguy at 90...

This is gonna take a while...

StephenM3

Apparently a few people have already unlocked Captain Veridian, while Team Meat's poor lone programmer is desperately trying to keep up with all the bugs.  (Luckily, PC means he can upload a patch whenever, instead of having to wait a month for approval like on XBLA).  Veridian is reported to have some bugs right now, but he'll definitely be working by the time I've ever unlocked him!

Pilzi

Yeah I just got to 30 bandages. Josef is SOOOOO HYPERACTIVE!  :vitellary: I think its a bug but MAN I dont know what they gave the good old Josef but its certainly not healthy!  :verdigris:
And they also powered up Steve (mr.Minecraft) he was 70 bandages at the beginning and now he is 100. He can spawn blocks as much as he wants and everywhere! Viridian and Runner dropped down one place so Viridian is now 90 and Runner 70.
I cant wait to see him flip. Also guys if you have any questions or need help I'm Pretty good at SMB so I'll be glad with I can help  :viridian:

Terry

Quote from: StephenM3 on December 01, 2010, 10:36:43 AM
Apparently a few people have already unlocked Captain Veridian, while Team Meat's poor lone programmer is desperately trying to keep up with all the bugs.  (Luckily, PC means he can upload a patch whenever, instead of having to wait a month for approval like on XBLA).  Veridian is reported to have some bugs right now, but he'll definitely be working by the time I've ever unlocked him!

Cool! If anyone posts a video, let me know - I haven't actually seen him in the game yet :)

Pilzi

When I unlock him, I'll make sure to post one.  :viridian:

Terry

Cheers!

Quote from: Pilzi on December 01, 2010, 12:29:59 PM
And they also powered up Steve (mr.Minecraft) he was 70 bandages at the beginning and now he is 100. He can spawn blocks as much as he wants and everywhere! Viridian and Runner dropped down one place so Viridian is now 90 and Runner 70.
I cant wait to see him flip.

Heh, makes sense. Apparently Viridian was originally 100 bandages, but I guess when they implemented Mr.Minecraft he breaks the levels even more :viridian:

Pilzi

Yeah probably. i got 40 bandages now. I have to admit that without Tm it is way harder to get bandages. I WANT TO REWIND!  :violet:

Rox

I'm only on Ch. 3, but I've already started writing a list of bandages and warp zones I've found but have no clue how to get to... It's five items long so far. This game's gonna be a blast...

Mika

90, hmm I don't think I'll ever get that far.
I got to the "MMMMMM" warp zone though :)

Rox

Got my 100th bandage today! Viridian, a couple of days ago. He's flippin' hard to use, though! I'm actually not pleased with how he handles... Pretty much every bonus character in the game got a major speed boost so they'd all handle close to Meat Boy himself, but Viridian was already so fast, he was made significantly slower, I guess to balance out the flipping ability... Both Meat Boy, and Viridian in his own game, have really snappy controls, so his sluggishness here feels very out of place.

(Steve from Minecraft, however, couldn't be any more right.)

But I guess I could make some videos of Viridian in action if y'all want to see it.

Pilzi

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  :victoria:
I GOT 100 Bandages yesterday and today my harddrive crashed! ALL MY FILES ARE GONE!  :victoria:
Good that I only installed games on it...  :'(
BUT THE SAVES ARE GONE!  :violet:
I WANT  :viridian: BACK!  :victoria:
AND STEVE!  :violet:
PLEASE ANYONE CAN YOU PLEASE GIVE ME A SAVE WITH VIRIDIAN UNLOCKED? PLEASE!