Version 2: Report bugs here

Started by Terry, July 28, 2011, 03:15:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry

I'll probably be doing a patch this weekend to fix some of the bugs with the new version, and to add more complex scripting support! Please help me out by listing anything you've found in this thread! :viridian:

Stuff I know about:

- Music stops on time trials if you press enter to restart
- Game forgets correct Fullscreen/Windowed settings on restart
- Game defaults to Fullscreen Auto, should default to 640x480
- Changing from fullscreen back to windowed mode can make you lose mouse focus
- Quiting the game during a cutscene leaves the cutscene bars in place, should be reset
- Game sometimes doesn't display hardest room on game over
- Keypad should work as well as arrow keys
- Enter isn't working for some people?
- Quicksaves in the tower don't seem to work
- Time trial ranks aren't being saved properly
- WASD controls don't work in game

Also, to add:

- Joypad support!

(There are others. but I can't seem to remember them right now.)

mjiggidy

Not really a bug, but the v1 saved games not being compatible with v2 is a bit of a thing for me. :)  Thanks for all your hard work!

joniho

These refer to the Windows version:
- No music when first entering the Secret Laboratory (after the Combine! scene)
- Saving from the menu in the main game doesn't seem to do anything
- In Analogue Mode, there will occasionally be stationary red lines/dots on the right edge of the room (see pic)

NESFreak

-In the linux(might be others as well) version the SDL mousecursor is enabled. Even though it's not that much of a problem in windowed mode, it does kind of annoy me in fullscreen. What business has it got to do there, apart from being a pointy thing that just hovers around like an annoying fly?

fix: when switching to full screen just do SDL_ShowCursor(SDL_DISABLE); and if you'd like SDL_ShowCursor(SDL_ENABLE); when reverting to windowed mode.

mrcrabs

My system:
Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack3
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU
Q 720 @ 1.60GHz
3,18GB RAM

My Problem:
The game runs well but the sound (music) is juddering:victoria:

Please contact me to get more information, I don´t know whats necessary for you to know.

Thank you!

NESFreak

Also pausing the game during the display of text causes a small graphical glitch at the top of the screen:

jarreboum

I was about to post the cursor thing. It is used in the level editor but nowhere else basically. Is it possible to show it only in the level editor?

The sound doesnt mute when hitting enter and Esc / pausing the game.

A possibility to accept custom resolutions? I had that problem which is now solved-ish but it would have been nice to have been able to input a custom resolution where the game puts black bars as fillers. I wonder how this game looks on some 1080p hdtv widescreen stuff in native resolution.

I had a post about a few improvements (in my opinion)for the controls and the menus, I'll have to find it.

simoroth

Hi

The "Auto" mode runs at native resolution.

We will have a look at the cursor thing. We had some problems with it on some systems before release, but we will certainly be looking into it. :)

simoroth

Quote from: mrcrabs on July 28, 2011, 09:28:50 AM
My system:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU
Q 720 @ 1.60GHz
3,18GB RAM

My Problem:

Please contact me to get more information, I don´t know whats necessary for you to know.

Thank you!

This is strange. The music shouldnt judder at all, as its streamed from RAM and not the hardisk and therefore there really isnt any delay in loading it, and your processor is definitely fast enough to play it! Are you getting a smooth framerate? Is it constantly juddering or just in some sections?

mrcrabs

Quote from: simoroth on July 28, 2011, 12:16:20 PM
Quote from: mrcrabs on July 28, 2011, 09:28:50 AM
My system:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU
Q 720 @ 1.60GHz
3,18GB RAM

My Problem:

Thank you!

This is strange. The music shouldnt judder at all, as its streamed from RAM and not the hardisk and therefore there really isnt any delay in loading it, and your processor is definitely fast enough to play it! Are you getting a smooth framerate? Is it constantly juddering or just in some sections?

Thank you for your fast reply! I also think my processor is fast enough...  :viridian:

I have a smooth (video) framerate. The sound juddering is constantly.

I think you use .ogg files... If you would send me the .ogg files I could try to open it with a music player (foobar) and try if they work... If the problem occurs while playing the .ogg files directly via foobar this is a common problem in my system. If not the problem is somewhere in VVVVV... Would you aggree?

simoroth

Hi

Just a quick idea:

Go to your start menu and then "Run"

Type "dxdiag"

click on the sound tab(s) and disable hardware sound acceleration.

-Simon

mrcrabs

Quote from: simoroth on July 28, 2011, 01:20:33 PM
Hi

Just a quick idea:

Go to your start menu and then "Run"

Type "dxdiag"

click on the sound tab(s) and disable hardware sound acceleration.

-Simon

Didn´t help. :victoria: What about my idea (see my last post)?
Thank you!

simoroth

Sure. Can you message me your email and I'll send you a sample file. :)

libfun

Quote from: mrcrabs on July 28, 2011, 12:35:15 PM
I think you use .ogg files... If you would send me the .ogg files I could try to open it with a music player (foobar) and try if they work... If the problem occurs while playing the .ogg files directly via foobar this is a common problem in my system. If not the problem is somewhere in VVVVV... Would you aggree?

This might not help, cause foobar and game can use different decoders for .ogg audio files.

bdr9

When the game is running in full screen and I Alt-Tab to minimize it, the mouse cursor is stuck at the upper-left corner of the screen.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit, playing the Steam version.