D. 333333 now updated! Easy and Hard mode included! V2 Bug Fixes Inside!

Started by Sendy, August 16, 2011, 05:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sendy

Thanks for reporting this bug, TheWindFish. I'll fix it in the new version, which will come out some time after Terry releases the next patch. For now, if you just edit the offending gravity line out in the level editor, you'll be able to continue your game (PM me if you have any problems!)

PJBottomz

Wow, Sendy, I finally decided to try and finish this level (still couldn't :-X)

I really like it. And your scripting is good.

You made me feel bad for Viridian with that script about how he's afraid of spikes! Now when he dies, I feel bad. :victoria:

xTwoTails

Damn It AL to Hell

SirBryghtside

I made the mistake of trying hard mode, and am on that Veni Vidi Vici rip-off. I'm pretty sure it's the last level, but I've lost all will to complete it.

It's just... ugh. There were so many times where one spike removal, one checkpoint addition or one extra space would've made it a really fun level, but as it is, it's just ridiculous. I guess easy is the much improved version, but it's too late for me to play that.

Sendy

In my defense, I really do believe I've done everything I can, by providing two difficulty levels. The changes in the 'easy' mode were thought out in a way that makes the levels easier, without diluting the content, something I'm quite proud of achieving...

I guess you can't please everyone, and difficulty is the hardest thing for me to judge (I'm too much of a platformer nerd/expert for my own good :P ). Thanks for tying it anyway, and persevering.

Incidentally "easy" mode is only called such because "intermediate" didn't fit in the level select display.

Sendy

I'm going through the easy version of this level in the new version to make a few subtle improvements, mainly in the Direct Mode and in giving the dialogs colour. Going through and playing around with it I found it's actually possible to get under the heart in "... The One You Love"  :D

PJBottomz

Quote from: Sendy on November 03, 2011, 12:49:38 AM
I'm going through the easy version of this level in the new version to make a few subtle improvements, mainly in the Direct Mode and in giving the dialogs colour. Going through and playing around with it I found it's actually possible to get under the heart in "... The One You Love"  :D

I saw that too! I was wondering if I just glitched or something, but I wasn't about to go back and find out.

Sendy

No, I wondered the same, but I was able to recreate it. You have to time it perfectly so that the heart is as high as it can be when you're passing under, and that it's on it's 'small' frame of animation. The large frame will collide with you even at it's apex.

In the update I'm thinking of releasing, there are spikes under the heart  :D

Which is funny because it looks like the heart is bouncing on the spikes.

SirBryghtside

Quote from: Sendy on October 29, 2011, 10:33:34 PM
In my defense, I really do believe I've done everything I can, by providing two difficulty levels. The changes in the 'easy' mode were thought out in a way that makes the levels easier, without diluting the content, something I'm quite proud of achieving...

I guess you can't please everyone, and difficulty is the hardest thing for me to judge (I'm too much of a platformer nerd/expert for my own good :P ). Thanks for tying it anyway, and persevering.

Incidentally "easy" mode is only called such because "intermediate" didn't fit in the level select display.
Don't worry, there was a lot of great stuff - and yeah, the easy mode does sound good. I just don't really want to pay through it all over again... it was really my fault more than yours :)

Sendy

Here's a few screenies showing the kind of minor graphical update I'm giving the level. I'm also making a couple of bits easier.

EDIT: Spot the blooper :)

Terry

Upside down terminal!

(Not to rush you, but if you have the update ready by Sunday evening, I can make sure it's included in the 3DS version...)

Sendy

Oh, cool! I'm pretty much done really. Playtesting's done, I just have to insert the coloured text commands. And then prolly playtest again quickly ;)

Damn It AL to Hell

Oy, finally beat the hard mode version, and I have to say that it was more fun than easy mode, you get a 10/10  :viridian: for an awesome level. and before I forget.....

:shiny: _ :shiny: Trinket face!

PJBottomz

Quote from: Sendy on November 05, 2011, 11:27:24 PM
Here's a few screenies showing the kind of minor graphical update I'm giving the level. I'm also making a couple of bits easier.

EDIT: Spot the blooper :)
Wow those are amazing! I knew you'd become creative with Direct Mode once you got it. Also, are you using the happy/sad commands for crewmates?