Ifflag/destroy commands not working right?

Started by ToasterApocalypse, July 26, 2012, 10:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToasterApocalypse

>blue

The script I use is:

[i]say(-1)
text(1,0,0,4)[/i]
say(4)
gamestate(10)
endcutscene
untilbars
loadscript(stop)

Dav999

Yes, gamestate(10) is enough, as long as you only have two gravity lines in place. There is no command to create a gravity line, or to make one disappear and keep the other. It's all hardcoded. Also, hascontrol() doesn't make you able to control :viridian: during a script, the only thing hascontrol() does is reversing nocontrol(), so you can't use it to get the control back before a script ends.

FIQ

Quote from: Dav999 on July 28, 2012, 07:02:17 PM
Yes, gamestate(10) is enough, as long as you only have two gravity lines in place. There is no command to create a gravity line, or to make one disappear and keep the other. It's all hardcoded. Also, hascontrol() doesn't make you able to control :viridian: during a script, the only thing hascontrol() does is reversing nocontrol(), so you can't use it to get the control back before a script ends.
In fact, you *can* create gravity lines by createentity(), but that's irrelevant :P

Dav999

Quote from: FIQ on July 28, 2012, 10:31:49 PM
In fact, you *can* create gravity lines by createentity(), but that's irrelevant :P
Oh, yes, I forgot that. You can also make it appear from left to right, by creating small pieces of the gravity line every time and put small delays between the createentity(x,x,x,x,x) commands. But that would require a lot of testing, since you have to have the exact coordinates, and you have to enter them one by one and check if it is in the right place. (you don't want a gravity line that looks like --–-—-—-–)

createentity() is a very interesting command, actually. You can create coins with it, and large round teleporters that will mess up your save data if you touch them :D
So, you can use teleporters, as long as it is inaccessible, and you don't mind if it disappears when you leave the room, or if you use it in a cutscenes and you are absolutely sure there is no way you can ever touch it.