Stupid Zynga

Started by PyNe, October 19, 2012, 11:46:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PyNe

:-X I hate you zynga poker, I really do.

Dav999

...you can always turn off notifications for that, so that's not a problem.

Battery low messages. :-X You can't turn them off. They always make you lose when they pop up.

blue626

How does the battery warning (as well as the notifications) affect other games? Do they make them stop or not? If they don't, then it isn't a bug in the game that should be fixed, but a bug in iOS (that should be fixed). That would affect racing games too. If they do stop other games, the it's obviously a bug with the game. I think I got the battery warning when playing a racing game, after I pressed "OK", it wnet to the pause screen, but I don't remember well...

Dav999

Quote from: blue626 on October 19, 2012, 04:35:22 PM
How does the battery warning (as well as the notifications) affect other games? Do they make them stop or not? If they don't, then it isn't a bug in the game that should be fixed, but a bug in iOS (that should be fixed). That would affect racing games too. If they do stop other games, the it's obviously a bug with the game. I think I got the battery warning when playing a racing game, after I pressed "OK", it wnet to the pause screen, but I don't remember well...

It stops the game, and that can't be avoided. So, a developer can't just make the warning not appear, and if they could, it simply wouldn't get approved for the App Store. If you get a message box in Super Hexagon, it freezes the game until you press OK, and because of a bit of lag after it disappears, you die most of the times. The voice also says 'Super Hexagon' after a message box, and also after you close notification center and the multitasking bar.

It's just something that can't be helped, unless you turn off all notifications (turn on do not disturb mode?) and plug it in.

blue626

Quote from: Dav999 on October 19, 2012, 04:42:02 PM

It stops the game, and that can't be avoided. So, a developer can't just make the warning not appear, and if they could, it simply wouldn't get approved for the App Store. If you get a message box in Super Hexagon, it freezes the game until you press OK, and because of a bit of lag after it disappears, you die most of the times. The voice also says 'Super Hexagon' after a message box, and also after you close notification center and the multitasking bar.

It's just something that can't be helped, unless you turn off all notifications (turn on do not disturb mode?) and plug it in.

Wait, I misunderstood what makes you die (I thought it didn't stop the game, thus making you die). I don't play Super Hexagon.
Does the lag appear in other games? If it does...
then it isn't a bug in the game that should be fixed, but a bug in iOS (that should be fixed). That would affect racing games too.

If it doesn't...
then it's obviously a bug with the game.

Dav999

The game stops, and after you click OK, it starts again. I think the lag is because of the things the game needs to do after activating it (like making the voice say 'Super Hexagon', maybe loading a save, starting the timer again, starting the graphics again, or things iOS does, like fading out the text box, running code to make the application start again, changing background things, etc. but that's just a glitch ??? :P guess.

FIQ

The game should detect warnings (I hope this can be done...?). Not to block them, as it cannot be done (for some things), but to set pause mode or something. I don't know if Super Hexagon features it already as I don't have an iOS device, but a pause mode and then "get ready.. 3, 2, 1, go" or similar would probably stop most unfair game overs.

Dav999

Yeah, 3 2 1 after message boxes would be good. I'm sure this can be done, as the voice also says 'Super Hexagon' after a message box.

But maybe people will take advantage of it :( Like, three seconds of extra reaction time!

N

Dav999

Just turn that notification off! ::)

EDIT: This is my 777th post! :o

Hilbert

A PAUSE BUTTON! When the notifications gome up for other games, it automaticly hits the pause button. Terry, Super Hexagon needs a pause button!

Dav999

Quote from: RoskillaHULK!! on October 28, 2012, 12:06:00 PM
A PAUSE BUTTON! When the notifications gome up for other games, it automaticly hits the pause button. Terry, Super Hexagon needs a pause button!

That may be a way to cheat!

PyNe

Quote from: Dav999 on October 28, 2012, 12:46:10 PM
Quote from: RoskillaHULK!! on October 28, 2012, 12:06:00 PM

That may be a way to cheat!

A pause button would be nice, specially because my nose always itches when I break a record, lol.

---off my own topic---

Why is nobody posting anything on super hexagon section?  :victoria:

Dav999

Quote from: PyNe on October 28, 2012, 02:53:22 PM
A pause button would be nice, specially because my nose always itches when I break a record, lol.

You're not alone. :P

allison

Quote from: Dav999 on October 28, 2012, 04:21:01 PM
Quote from: PyNe on October 28, 2012, 02:53:22 PM

You're not alone. :P