Dimension 333333 - Hifi mode, easy and hard version upload!

Started by Sendy, April 29, 2013, 03:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sendy

Well, it's me again. I'm back  :D. Been a bit distracted with family stuff but now I want to sort this out since I was really pleased with the new version of 333333 that I made with the advanced editor!

A fair few people have expressed interest in this version so here it is! This is the version that made it onto the console but not the PC.

How is it different than the normal file? It uses Direct Mode extensively to create a more interesting 8-bit world, and some aspects of the gameplay have changed slightly based on feedback I got on the original version.

For some reason, when I load this file into the latest version of VVVVVV's level editor, all the Direct Mode stuff is gone and/or turned into spikes!
Thankfully, it functions normally in-game!

I also have a hi-fi version of the Difficult-mode game - exactly the same but harder, but for some reason I'm having trouble finding it and verifying what file it is, what with different VVVVVV versions and several files strewn everywhere on my HD. I'll get back to this thread when I've found this, since I've had a couple of requests asking for this.

Oh, you can also skip the first terminal dialog now by jumping straight into the gravity beam (it will disappear and allow you to pass).

Sendy

Sendy

Sendy

Ok, this is the hard version of the update! For hardcore platform freaks only!  :vermillion:

Please note: I'm going to be playing through this today. As far as I know it's 100% finished but the last time I tested it was quite a few months ago.

Fussmatte

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA SENDY'S BACK
that's a good thing right

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: Doormat on April 29, 2013, 04:14:38 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA SENDY'S BACK
that's a good thing right
Err.. Errm... Yeah, it's good! He's here to... not torture us with evil 333333! Yeah!

aLaserShark

Finished green and blue. Halfway through red (right after an unexpected detour)...Applied Flipmatics...Sendy, you are a horrible person.  :violet:

Sendy

Ok I'm testing the hard mode. I've found a couple of tiny tiling errors which I'll have fixed very soon.

Another thing I've noticed is that when you rescue Victoria in the Blue Zone, you don't get a congratulations message, and the music goes off completely, forcing you to do the whole return trip in silence :S

I'll try and get this fixed ASAP, but I really can't see what might be causing it...

Sendy

Quote from: aLaserShark on April 29, 2013, 05:29:17 PM
Finished green and blue. Halfway through red (right after an unexpected detour)...Applied Flipmatics...Sendy, you are a horrible person.  :violet:

Yeah, that's one of the hardest parts of the game, especially if you're playing the hard mode. It helps to plan a strategy in advance. Probably.

FIQ

Quote from: Sendy on April 29, 2013, 05:55:37 PM
Ok I'm testing the hard mode. I've found a couple of tiny tiling errors which I'll have fixed very soon.

Another thing I've noticed is that when you rescue Victoria in the Blue Zone, you don't get a congratulations message, and the music goes off completely, forcing you to do the whole return trip in silence :S

I'll try and get this fixed ASAP, but I really can't see what might be causing it...
A work-around is to press M twice.
Try to remove rescueblue temporary and see if that fixes stuff, that might be what makes the game act as it does.

I always loved this level, and it's my personal favorite since I played it the first time. Great to see that the improved Direct mode version was re-released so I can enjoy it on the computer version :)

Samario

allison

Quote from: Samario on May 25, 2013, 08:26:18 AM
Quote from: Sendy on April 29, 2013, 03:18:20 PM
the advanced editor!

Wait, what? The editor in 2.1 or an external editor?

Probably the 2.1 editor. ALTHOUGH I WANT AN EXTERNAL EDITOR.

VVVVVViolin

I'm stuck at welcome to the house of fun on the 3ds version. I can't get the platforms to move. How do I do this?

SJMistery

Quote from: VVVVVViolin on January 02, 2015, 08:51:30 PM
I'm stuck at welcome to the house of fun on the 3ds version. I can't get the platforms to move. How do I do this?

maybe playing fair and disabling unvincibility? the platforms only stuck if you enable unvincibility, turning spikes into walls, which stucks the platforms in them