Scripting, basics and more?

Started by Mysterio, December 14, 2014, 04:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysterio

So, I have a general idea of how to script on VVVVVV, but alas; I haven't really found a good useful "guide" to the basics of scripting on VVVVVV. So, can someone either link me to a helpful video or whatever; or just tell me? I want to start making levels 'up to par' with the main story of VVVVVV, bu there's some things I don't get. Like: How to make a cutscene, how to teleport my guy, or others for that matter (via script), how to make certain tiles disappear/reappear by using a terminal. I just wanna know the basic "codings" for how to make certain events occur, because I have already made some pretty cool levels, but they REALLY need some scripting and a story, otherwise it's too bland.
Thanks a bunch!  :viridian:
- Mysterio  8)

Epicperson456

Ok, some of that(cutscenes, and teleporting without warptokens) is only available via the INTERNAL SCRIPTING exploit. More on that here.That url will solve most of your problems. With the tiles thing, do destroy(warptokens/gravitylines)Don't actually use a /. Gravitylines is for the bouncy lines, warptokens is for the teleporters the warp zone.To make a conversation, do this:
Say((here, you want the number of lines that the crewmate says),(here, you put the color of the crewmate or the name of the crewmate you want to talk).
In the end, I will look something like this:
Say(2,violet)
Blah blAh blah.
This is two lines of speech.

To make viridian talk, do this
(Text)

To make a terminal talk, do this
Say
Text

To make a flash
Type flash
Usually, these are used in combination with destroy commands.

To make a script not repeat,
Put a script that says this somewhere
Flag(1,on)
You can use flags 0-100 but can't use 67
67 let's you teleport to the ship, but it isn't there, and it destroys your telesave too.

To use the flags
Make your script (let's say it's called me)
Make another
Make the second one say ifflag(number,me)
And at the end of me, put flag(same number you used before,off)

To need trinkets
Do this:
Iftrinkets(number of trinkets you want them to need,scriptname)

How to use internal scripting.
Use it like this
Make a script(say it's called z)
Make another(we will call it internal)
In z, put iftrinkets(0,internal)
Then internal, do this
For one internal script use
A)say ( yes you need the a-)-say parenthese)
(Script)
You need one blank line after the internal scripts to make them work.
For more than one
Say(-1)
Text(1,0,0,4)
Say(number of lines in the scripts u are using,let's say 3)
Script
Script
Loadscript(stop)

To change the music,use music(musicnumber) the numbers are 1, pushing onwards 2, tower music
3, lab music 4, ship music 5,menu music 6, the music that plays In The first intermission 7, the ending music(with cccccaptain and credits)7a, the Game completed music,8, the(will edit, can't remember right now,), 9, the warp zone music 10, some more music, 11 piercing the sky 12 onward plays music 9
Number 15(secret)
Remixed intermission music.

Hope this helps!

Bruce Michez

Quote from: Epicperson456 on December 14, 2014, 04:27:05 PM
To change the music,use music(musicnumber) the numbers are 1, pushing onwards 2, tower music
3, lab music 4, ship music 5,menu music 6, the music that plays In The first intermission 7, the ending music(with cccccaptain and credits)7a, the Game completed music,8, the(will edit, can't remember right now,), 9, the warp zone music 10, some more music, 11 piercing the sky 12 onward plays music 9
Number 15(secret)

Also: music(0) gives you silence
music(5a) gives you the cutscene music
music(9a) is the backwards tower music
music(16) plays the "level complete" fanfare.

TmanDaCool1

Use 0a for the level complete fanfare instead, it's more stable than 16

8 plays Pipe Dream, the song that plays in the Secret Lab

i'm not petrikov

moth 🦋

Quote from: Weird Shadow Machine on December 15, 2014, 11:21:31 AM
Quote from: Epicperson456 on December 14, 2014, 04:27:05 PM
Number 15(secret)

Also: music(0) gives you silence
music(5a) gives you the cutscene music
music(9a) is the backwards tower music
music(16) plays the "level complete" fanfare.
I'm pretty sure that music(16) plays the predestined fate remix if you use 2.2.

i'm not petrikov

Quote from: ShinyWolf07 on December 16, 2014, 02:18:06 PMI'm pretty sure that music(16) plays the predestined fate remix if you use 2.2.
so you haven't tested that it plays the predestined fate remix?

moth 🦋

Quote from: i'm not petrikov on December 17, 2014, 12:15:51 AM
Quote from: ShinyWolf07 on December 16, 2014, 02:18:06 PMI'm pretty sure that music(16) plays the predestined fate remix if you use 2.2.
so you haven't tested that it plays the predestined fate remix?
I have. I put it in my level... I'm just not sure, because it might be music(15)

Mysterio

Thanks a lot, I'll mess around with it a little, then go on to working on a super awesome level. I don't have much time so don't expect an awesome level anytime soon. But I'll put all this stuff to good use for sure and make an awesome level.
Thanks again!
~ Mysterio  8)