Author Topic: VVVVVV Livestream! June 10, 2010, 8:00 PM CST  (Read 6635 times)

Wobbles

• Crewmate
    • View Profile
VVVVVV Livestream! June 10, 2010, 8:00 PM CST
« on: June 10, 2010, 03:24:05 pm »
Hello there folks.  Earlier this year I talked about doing a 20 trinket VVVVVV speedrun.  Then some other games caught my attention and VVVVVV kinda fell by the wayside.  Now I'm dusting it off again, and because this game is always more fun for me to play when other people are watching and talking about it, I'll be streaming it for anybody who wants to watch.

URL: livestream.com/manualgaming

So if you want to:

1) Watch me go through and see my various room optimizations
2) Talk about neat tricks and potential pathing improvements
3) Ask me any questions you have
4) Laugh at me when I screw up

Then you are definitely welcome in the stream.  If anybody's interested, I'll pick a definite time and you folks can come tune in.  If not... well, this thread will shunt its way off the front page.

Any takers?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 04:08:00 pm by Wobbles »

Terry

• Administrator
  • Captain
    • View Profile
    • distractionware
Re: VVVVVV Livestream!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 03:43:44 pm »
That sounds like fun :) Let us know when you're doing it, I'll go watch if I can!

Wobbles

• Crewmate
    • View Profile
Re: VVVVVV Livestream!
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 04:06:43 pm »
Well, I've got a lot of free time on my hands at the moment, so pretty much any time works for me.

I dunno where most of the forumgoers live; I'm on CST since I'm in Texas.  I was thinking I'd get on at something like 8:00 PM CST, since odds are really good I'll have my entire evening free.

Heck, if anybody reads this and wants to, I'll just do some evening practice time and let folks tune in.  URL is edited into the first post.  8:00 PM Central Standard Time :)

Terry

• Administrator
  • Captain
    • View Profile
    • distractionware
Re: VVVVVV Livestream! June 10, 2010, 8:00 PM CST
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 04:21:06 pm »
Heh, I think that's 2am here; I'll have to give a miss. Good luck though!

Wobbles

• Crewmate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 04:30:52 pm »
Well, if you want Terry, tune in RIGHT NOW.  I'll stream just for you :)

Robson

• Professor
  • Hugs not Drugs
    • View Profile
    • http://iceyboard.no-ip.org
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 11:03:25 pm »
Any takers?
Yep! I'd love to watch that. I'm usually GMT, but because it's "summer" we're all moved to GMT+1.

Maybe the weekend is the best time to do it, because it's easier for people to be available.

Wobbles

• Crewmate
    • View Profile
Re: VVVVVV Livestream! 8:00 PM CST, every night!
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 01:52:26 am »
Guess I'll try again tomorrow.  I'll keep practicing at the same time and I'll turn on the stream for anybody who wants to come.  Also can't expect everybody to check the forum all the time and see it so here's hoping an audience eventually shows up :)

Also, different time zones, if there's a better time that more people can agree on, that's good as well, I can probably make it work.

Shasharala

• Professor
  • Black tea, green tea, red tea, white tea...
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 03:07:09 am »
OOOO! I'm GMT -8 I think... I'll have to look again and convert that to CST.  But I definitely want to tune in.

Wobbles

• Crewmate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 07:48:58 pm »
Hmm.  Recently moved into a new apartment and the fine folks who are supposed to grant me internet access have thus far failed to do so.  Right now I'm using a wireless hotspot---which I guess I could technically play from... but I won't since I plan to mic in and talk to any viewers :) You know, all two of you that might want to watch  :viridian:

Also Terry, this might interest you.  I initially shot down the idea of going through "Not As I Do" in intermission 1 by bringing your crewmate over the platforms with you... but you got me thinking about it, and I found a way to do it.  Pretty much no flipping involved!

Shasharala

• Professor
  • Black tea, green tea, red tea, white tea...
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 08:08:46 pm »
Well, do let us know when you have it back up again.  :vitellary:

Terry

• Administrator
  • Captain
    • View Profile
    • distractionware
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 07:35:26 pm »
Also Terry, this might interest you.  I initially shot down the idea of going through "Not As I Do" in intermission 1 by bringing your crewmate over the platforms with you... but you got me thinking about it, and I found a way to do it.  Pretty much no flipping involved!

Oh cool! I figured it had to be possible! :viridian:

Wobbles

• Crewmate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2010, 12:40:02 am »
Well, I'm ready to do this thing if anybody else is ready to come watch :) Judging by various videos I'm pretty confident I know a lot of tricks that will be of interest to people, and it's fun to share and explain them.  If people can give me a ballpark on the kinds of time they have available, I'll try and work things out that are amenable to all.

Seems like interest is kind of limited though.  If it piques anybody's curiosity, I've found that the game with 20 trinkets can absolutely be completed in under 20 minutes.  I think if you play it perfectly you MIGHT get it to under 19, but that could be pushing it a bit.  I'd need to use every trick I know and get them all right, zero mistakes, so maybe that's a possibility for a segmented run?

Anyhow, let me know what you guys think.  I prefer my American evening time, but if I gotta do it around noon to square it with everyone I'm totally willing.

Robson

• Professor
  • Hugs not Drugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2010, 11:29:21 am »
Anyhow, let me know what you guys think.  I prefer my American evening time, but if I gotta do it around noon to square it with everyone I'm totally willing.
Is it possible to do it on a weekend? That would make it easier to attend, because less people are at work/school and it's not as important to go to sleep at a reasonable hour.

If anyone can't make it, will the video be available afterwards? Although I'd really like to attend live!

Wobbles

• Crewmate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2010, 06:07:40 pm »
Don't see any reason I can't do it this weekend.  I can also set the livestream to record and put it on the stream as an available video to watch, for any interested.

Robson

• Professor
  • Hugs not Drugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2010, 06:53:41 pm »
Excellent :viridian: