Soooo, why do you hate Vermilion*?

Started by Gawne, February 12, 2017, 04:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawne

It seems it's common to dislike Vermilion* or to simply hate him (or her) , I'm curious as to why...

moth 🦋

I hate "VermiLLion" because you spelled his name wrong

VermiLion (the correct spelling of his NAME, not the COLOR) is fine though he's one of my favorites

Gawne

one L? Wait wut 0_o

:vermillion: << When typing this face there's two 'L's

Quote from: Gawne on February 12, 2017, 05:07:42 PM
one L? Wait wut 0_o

Quote from: Gawne on February 12, 2017, 04:19:29 PM
or to simply hate him (or her)

Vermilion has absolutely no reason to exist.  What does he do?  What's the importance of having him on the ship?  What's his job?  To explore?  Viridian already does that.  I honestly can't think of anything else that might be his job.  Everybody else has a role on the ship, except for him.

Gawne

Quotehttps://i.imgur.com/Kx8sRyp.jpg

Ooooo

totally doesn't fix his now blatant typo

Vermilion has absolutely no reason to exist.  What does he do?  What's the importance of having him on the ship?  What's his job?  To explore?  Viridian already does that.  I honestly can't think of anything else that might be his job.  Everybody else has a role on the ship, except for him. 

Ah, I see. He's like AMD...And Viridian is like Intel. #PCJokes

QwertymanO07

Viridian's job isn't to explore, it's to lead the crew.  They just end up doing a lot of that because that's what the engine is best suited for.

moth 🦋

Quote from: Quote on February 12, 2017, 06:18:00 PM
Quote from: Gawne on February 12, 2017, 05:07:42 PM
one L? Wait wut 0_o

Quote from: Gawne on February 12, 2017, 04:19:29 PM
or to simply hate him (or her)

hes an officer his job is to be the "captain" when viridian inst there, whether it be helping  :vitellary: with research or stopping  :victoria: fROM CRYING ALL THE TIME

Quote from: shiny k on February 12, 2017, 11:05:20 PM
hes an officer his job is to be the "captain" when viridian inst there, whether it be helping  :vitellary: with research or stopping  :victoria: fROM CRYING ALL THE TIME
Then why is it that when he's rescued and Viridian isn't there, he's out trying to locate the others?
Quote from: QwertymanO07 on February 12, 2017, 10:55:34 PM
Viridian's job isn't to explore, it's to lead the crew.  They just end up doing a lot of that because that's what the engine is best suited for.
True.

moth 🦋

Quote from: Quote on February 12, 2017, 11:16:05 PM
Quote from: shiny k on February 12, 2017, 11:05:20 PM
Then why is it that when he's rescued and Viridian isn't there, he's out trying to locate the others?
Quote from: QwertymanO07 on February 12, 2017, 10:55:34 PM
True.
well technically being lost means that they need his help

Quote from: shiny k on February 12, 2017, 11:23:04 PM
well technically being lost means that they need his help
That's a bit of a stretch, but I'll take it.  Alright, I'll buy that he actually has a job, but objectively he's the least helpful out of the rest of the crew (in the main game, I'm not talking about how he could potentially be helpful in other situations, as I'm sure he could be).  Thanks for the explanation, I never thought about that before.

QwertymanO07

Verdigris is the least helpful in the main game, Vermilion at least has some fun dialogue.

Verdigris fixes the ship, right?  Well, I suppose that doesn't have much impact until after the game ends.  Well, at least he did something productive lol.

moth 🦋

Verdigris is the mechanic and does the jukebox

Gawne

Easily my favorite of the crew members, I love his level and the song that plays with it.

Trinket9

He's my favotite crew member... how can someone hate him? :victoria: