Level Editor Commands

Started by Dragonus, December 26, 2017, 01:12:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonus

I am on a laptop I just got VVVVVV for Steam (I originally had it on 3DS) I tried doing F2 to change the wall color but since it's the key to turn off my WiFi it did that instead of changing my wall color, it does the same for the other keys for example F5 increases my brightness. Is there anyway to fix this?  :victoria:

Ally 🌠

Hm, make sure you're not holding down the FN key while pressing the function keys.
If you aren't, make sure it's not being held down, or activated by some dust under the key!
If you're 100% sure it's not the FN key being held down, try actually holding it down.

And if all of that doesn't actually work, try looking in this topic on superuser.

Dragonus

Nothing worked also whenever I press F2 it turns off my Wifi and changes from walls to conveyors.  :victoria:

Dav999

You have an Fn key near the bottom left of your keyboard, right?

Quote from: -Kiwi Alexia ♡ on December 26, 2017, 03:09:54 AM
If you aren't, make sure it's not being held down, or activated by some dust under the key!
This probably applies to 0% of the cases, rounded up :P

Dragonus

Yes and it's a Dell Laptop with Windows 7

Ally 🌠

Quote from: Dav999 on December 26, 2017, 02:32:21 PM
Quote from: -Kiwi Alexia ♡ on December 26, 2017, 03:09:54 AM
This probably applies to 0% of the cases, rounded up :P
i-it was just an ideaaa

Dav999

If you want to use the F1-F12 keys, just hold fn. If you want to swap this around (switching tileset color with F2 and disabling wifi with fn+F2, for example), maybe this page will help: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/change-function-key-behavior-windows-laptops

Dragonus

When I hold Fn and F2 at the same time it works, thanks for the ideas guys!  :viridian: