Decennial Hangout (v1.0.1)

Started by moth 🦋, February 01, 2020, 07:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moth 🦋

This level was made by me and Allison Fleischer for the 10th anniversary of VVVVVV jam on Glorious Trainwrecks!!

Screenshots (click to enlarge)

Click here to download the level.

You can find the OST here.

You can visit the Glorious Trainwrecks page with the old v1.0 version here.

Changelog:
* fixed a softlock caused by the script load delay removal change in 2.3

allison

hi, i worked on this and can confirm it's objectively good

Bruce Michez

Unless I'm missing something, this level doesn't seem to work in v2.3!  One of the elevator shafts in the tower seems to loop endlessly now.  https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1187443972?t=00h29m04s

moth 🦋

oh dear! the first elevator's script had some finicky bits that were needed to make it work because of the 2-frame script delay in 2.2. since that was removed in 2.3, it now causes a script to be loaded when it shouldnt and causes an endless loop... sorry!!! will update with a fix when i can!

Flux3on

moth 🦋

Quote from: moth 🦋 on October 28, 2021, 01:48:40 AM
oh dear! the first elevator's script had some finicky bits that were needed to make it work because of the 2-frame script delay in 2.2. since that was removed in 2.3, it now causes a script to be loaded when it shouldnt and causes an endless loop... sorry!!! will update with a fix when i can!

uhh, so, i forgot to do this! really sorry about that!!!!!! the update is now available and should work perfectly in 2.3!

+KZ

I like it!,and nice graphics! maybe I can take some to maybe use in my level(?)...

moth 🦋

Quote from: +KZ on February 15, 2022, 06:55:06 PM
I like it!,and nice graphics! maybe I can take some to maybe use in my level(?)...
that's flattering, but please don't, sorry!

rubieoden

+KZ

Quote from: moth 🦋 on February 17, 2022, 07:57:53 PM
Quote from: +KZ on February 15, 2022, 06:55:06 PM
that's flattering, but please don't, sorry!

oh, ok, anyways, this is a very nice level, good job

Dynaboom4

hi, i didn't worked on this, but i can still confirm it's objectively good, it was the first custom level with custom graphic that i played, and it's really good, i skip some parts because how bad i was at the time i played this level, but the gameplay changes constantly from classic level vvvvvv type, to funny hot dog challenges, to some pretty spiky and memorable gameplay. Throughout the entirety of the adventure you have narrative speaks from the characters like Detox, and it is really well writing and charming. Honestly i really recommend this level !