some scripting commands

Started by zaratustra, July 30, 2011, 04:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue626

Also, the script box with flag(n,on) shouldn't be in the same place as the trinket, or it might not work. It shouldn't be in the same place as the other script box either, and it should be closer to the trinket than the other script box (if you put the other one closer it will never work).

And, yes, you should have posted in the thread that Dav999 mentioned, as the last post in that one was much more recent than the last post in this one.

MoogiGMD

I Tryed Destroy(platforms)

i think a trigger where the platforms are replaced with gravitylines quickly but that would be stupid...what about a new one where it makes something step on it (invisible viridan or something) when the trigger is excecuted however it turns into the well destroyable!

Dav999

Quote from: Hacker3443 on September 06, 2012, 04:37:01 PM
I Tryed Destroy(platforms)

i think a trigger where the platforms are replaced with gravitylines quickly but that would be stupid...what about a new one where it makes something step on it (invisible viridan or something) when the trigger is excecuted however it turns into the well destroyable!

I think it's very hard to implement for some reason, as the only thing that happens is: the sprite is deleted. And turning it into a disappearing platform and making an invisible :viridian: step on it would create glitches, for sure.

MoogiGMD

yea...but it would also crash the game...because of the objects ID not being changed for 0.5 seconds instead of 0.1 (time it takes for an object to swap animations and like not mess up!

Dav999

Quote from: Hacker3443 on September 06, 2012, 05:30:56 PM
time it takes for an object to swap animations and like not mess up!

How do you know that? Have you 'cheated'? 8)

MoogiGMD

no...it would crash because viridan can't be invisible...(never knew how to spell it) and he would fall into a hole of death...that would crash the game!

FIQ

The problem is not the entity ID, but how platforms are implemented. They set a specific place (the place that the platforms are) as solid. What destroy(platforms) does is that it just removes the entity, not the fact that the place where it were was solid, I think.

Dav999

Quote from: Hacker3443 on September 06, 2012, 05:47:54 PM
no...it would crash because viridan can't be invisible...

Viridian CAN be invisible, but you can't have more than 1 on the screen... And you don't want him to flash off and on if you have a lot of platforms. If you look at the internal commands list, you can see there are two commands, showplayer() and hideplayer(), which toggle visibility. That trick could be used to remove disappearing platforms that are blocking the way (if you can't stand on them from above or below), in a custom level with internal scripting. Maybe I'm gonna use that, if it isn't too slow! :viridian:

MoogiGMD