um hi idk if anyone remembers me (nPOW11)

Started by Bamshockdodge11, November 02, 2021, 07:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bamshockdodge11

well, its been about 4 years or so and i honestly cringed so hard when i saw my old posts. well i recently got a new laptop, monitor, and i moved so i forgot about vvvvvv until recently when i found my old levels and remembered about this site. well i guess if anyone cares heres some of my old (bad) levels i never uploaded: (will upload more shortly) 1: VVVVVVVV! one of my first big levels, not very good though.

Balneor

Hey ! I don't think we've ever met in person since I joined only in 2018, but I definitely recognise the username.
...not sure what for, actually. I've sure played your levels before, but that doesn't seem to be reason enough for the recall. Well whatevs. A new time is to come. As foretold by your father, a couple years have passed and you've matured enough to give another shot at the forum!

Most of the VVVVVV activity nowadays is happening in the Discord server, although this place is still useful for many aspects. You might want to check it out at some point, it's pretty lively and chill. V6 as a whole has had a rise in activity in recent times, idk if you catch up with the news. It has never been further from a dead game than now.

SOO about the level... about time someone played it, really. Still can't believe I was the only downloader for it in three entire days. just what. If that isn't a lowest for distractionware...

OH BOY ! This feels very much like the kind of custom that would come out during some of the older level-making eras. A nice, mindless throwback to the past right here. These kinds of levels aren't common sights anymore, so seeing an ancient custom one that's as big and well-preserved a yours here is a miracle. Thanks for the contribution.

So, the level contents now.
Well, I have to say, even despite the myriad of little issues, I think it was pretty refreshing and fun to run through for the most part. 

Sadly... it's impossible to beat.
Yea, such a relic of a level, that's as large as this, standing as unbeatable or incomplete, even many years later... kinda has an otherworldly feeling to it, won't anyone think ?

The end terminal that prompts you about whether you got 20 trinkets or not is incorrectly programmed. "iftrinkets(19)" was put *before* "iftrinkets(20)", meaning the latter will never be read ever :victoria:
Not like it would have changed much, anyways. Its intent is to deactivate a key gravity line (preventing the way to the last crewmate) in a separated part of the room. You have to walk back to there... but that's also strictly impossible, as you are permanently locked within a 6-room long corridor with no teleporters out. Something that could easily be fixed by using the one-way tiles to the right of the terminal, since it leads to the gravity line in question.
Oh, you can also go there straight ahead with only 19 trinkets and softlock yourself. I know it cause I did it, ha. Missed the last one cause there was this branching path and I took one of the path and followed it fully. The overall layout and timing of it made me think like there was gonna be an equal amount of stuff on both sides.

Some of the other issues, quite common of this era :
- Room name covering the bottom line of blocks, of which you will very frequently walk across. Generally pretty fine here, thankfully... except you may or may not miss a trinket over it :)
- Spikes or no ground right after a room transition killing Viridian instantly and effortlessly
- Some room having bad enemy/platform cycles requiring you to wait a lot more than normal
- You kinda have to guess you need all 19 trinkets to unlock the gate for the final area. If you don't too bad for ya

But that's still overall not too game-changing. There's a LOT worse than this and I wouldn't mind playing it again for the speedrun tbh. You can make do with the jankiness. And it's all for fun and laughs anyways.

So well, thank you for thinking about the place and coming back all these years later saying us hello, even just for this moment. It was a pleasure.
You can go ahead and post your other levels if you want, always interesting to see no matter how good or bad :viridian:

Bamshockdodge11

FINALLY someone noticed this post. i was very surprised how no one saw this and yet every single post behind me had a ton of views/downloads. anyways, about the level itself, i did make it a very long time ago so thats why it is unpolished/bad (duh) and i actually couldnt find the most recent version of this so i just took an older version but i didnt know it would be impossible. maybe someday i will join the discord server, but idk .-. more bad levels coming soon (also, if you didnt see my old posts, i am pretty sure i was a very popular person on the website at the time considering i used  :viridian: :viridian: a   :verdigris: :verdigris: lot  :violet: :violet: of  :victoria: :victoria: emojis  :vermillion: :vermillion: and i was like 8 or smth)