any way to edit VVVVVV music?

Started by GLaDOS V.3, August 19, 2011, 10:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GLaDOS V.3

any way to edit VVVVVV's music? i just wanna put (a) song in.
just for fun ;D

Whirligig

I don't know if this is currently possible. Hopefully in a patch, Terry can modify music() to optionally take a file name as the argument, so you can add your own songs.

Sendy

You should only ever be able to add chipstyle music to VVVVVV levels. Seriously. The editor should have some kind of in-built AI with a music genre detecting algorythm (maybe something that looks for unfiltered square waves, lol). If it detects some kind of 'real' music, the editor should be all  :-X

Terry

Quote from: Sendy on August 20, 2011, 09:37:11 PM
You should only ever be able to add chipstyle music to VVVVVV levels. Seriously. The editor should have some kind of in-built AI with a music genre detecting algorythm (maybe something that looks for unfiltered square waves, lol). If it detects some kind of 'real' music, the editor should be all  :-X

Hah, you're not gonna like the second level I have planned :D

The Brass

I'd be happy with just a voice detector. If it has lyrics, it won't play.

Sendy

Quote from: Terry on August 20, 2011, 11:10:54 PM

Hah, you're not gonna like the second level I have planned :D

You're making a next level? Awesome :)

Hey if the music bothers me that badly, I can turn it off and spin my own tunes... Worst case scenario for music to play VVVVVV to would probably be.... screamo metal  :vermillion: :violet: :vermillion: :violet:

Martze

If I download a VVVVVV level and the archive contains a screamo metal track, I can delete it immediately and not have to waste any more time determining whether it will be worth playing or not  :viridian:

SoulEye

Quote from: GLaDOS V.3 on August 19, 2011, 10:51:16 PM
just for fun ;D

??? :o  :-X  :( >:( BLASPHEMY! HEATHEN! BURN THE WITCH! ::) :'(  :-[  :-\  ;)  :-*  :)

PJBottomz

Quote from: SoulEye on September 04, 2011, 05:00:22 AM
Quote from: GLaDOS V.3 on August 19, 2011, 10:51:16 PM
just for fun ;D

??? :o  :-X  :( >:( BLASPHEMY! HEATHEN! BURN THE WITCH! ::) :'(  :-[  :-\  ;)  :-*  :)

XD I knew that somehow, Souleye would find this.

xTwoTails

He's always gonna find these type of threads. lol

SoulEye

Hmmmm! You're right. It's becoming too much! I must retreat to my man-cave and produce more music instead! All in favor? :P

xTwoTails

Quote from: SoulEye on September 04, 2011, 02:52:52 PM
Hmmmm! You're right. It's becoming too much! I must retreat to my man-cave and produce more music instead! All in favor? :P

Dear god more music by SoulEye?!  GIMME GIMME!!!
Viridian Agrees!  See?  :viridian:
Victoria is sad that she doesn't see enough SoulEye music  :victoria:
Vermilion is pondering what to do if SoulEye doesn't make music  :vermillion:
Vitellary wow'd at your idea :vitellary:
Violet... is being herself :violet:
Verdigris went dumbfounded when you suggested to make more music :verdigris:

Damn It AL to Hell

Remixing abilities on the songs sounds like an excellent idea, so I'd be interested in this.