Watch Out Terry! >:D

Started by PJBottomz, September 09, 2011, 12:17:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PJBottomz

I've almost got more posts than you. :vermillion:

Terry

Officer Captain

Oh man, it's pretty on right now in here.

PJBottomz

We'll see.

WHO SHALL BECOME THE ULTIMATE POST CHAMPION?

... Where the hell did that come from?

PJBottomz

YOU CHEATER! I can't believe you deleted almost all of my posts! That's not fair! :'(

Put it back! That's just mean!

Terry

I just changed the number, your posts are still intact :D

Let this serve as a reminder; it's not the size of your postcount that matters, but how you use it!

PJBottomz

Put it back! :( I miss being Captain...

AND I WANTED GREEN SQUARES, TOO!

Terry

PJBottomz

PJBottomz

How I use it? How do I use my post count?

Can I use it to get green squares?

Martze

Oh man, this takes me back to when I was a member of a forum full of satirists, where about half of the regulars were admins. That was a really fun board in general, but one of the many fun things we did was edit our post counts.

We used to respect them, but once on person screwed up his post count, we all went crazy with it. I had the highest or one of the highest post counts before this, and I was pleased to find I could set my postcount to a negative number and grant myself a special rank for to set myself apart from the people who set theirs to stupidly large numbers.

PJBottomz

ThePaSch

Of course you can't use your post count in a direct sense. What Terry means (or at least what I assume he means) is that a user can have 50 posts of good quality and be more respected or useful than a user with 500 posts which mostly consist of "LOL" and "Nice" and "?" and stuff.

Basically, the post count itself means nothing. The thing that's relevant is how exactly you achieved it, and what your posts consist of.

xTwoTails

Like for example this post that you're reading wasted 3-4 seconds of your life~  :victoria:

+1 on my post count~ Yet is on-topic  :vitellary:

PJBottomz

Well, I would consider a good fraction of my comments to be useful. Right?

Some one say right. :victoria: