Wallicious

Started by DensetsuNoKaboom, September 26, 2011, 10:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DensetsuNoKaboom

I experimented a bit with the moving platforms today. Not much came out of it, but I did make this 1x5 mini-level. The rooms all involve giant advancing walls of doom.

I wonder if there's a way to use the advancing platforms to make a Tower-style level...?

Damn It AL to Hell

Let's see what you got! ;)

Damn It AL to Hell

Heh heh, very good! One of the most unique levels I've seen in a while! I really like the wall implementation, the only downside is in the room "don't get carried away" I could barely get through, but the level was nifty! 9.999/10 :viridian: .

BillyTheBanana

That was fun, but why didn't the TV fix when I gave him the "cables":victoria:

DensetsuNoKaboom

Partly because I wasn't sure how to script that, and partly because that's his favorite show.

The Brass

That wasn't too hard. Beat with 3 deaths and two trinkets on the second time through.

PJBottomz

Quote from: DensetsuNoKaboom on September 26, 2011, 11:59:38 PM
Partly because I wasn't sure how to script that, and partly because that's his favorite show.

... You do realize I could've helped you with that...

DensetsuNoKaboom

Quote from: PJBottomz on September 27, 2011, 05:20:09 AM

How?

Dispensers Heal

Funny how the active people are usually Tropers.

PJBottomz

Quote from: DensetsuNoKaboom on September 27, 2011, 10:28:31 AM
Quote from: PJBottomz on September 27, 2011, 05:20:09 AM

How?

It'd be simple. First, set up the script that says, "You need to get these cables." Then, when you get the cables, it sets up a flag that, when re-activating the first script, will say, "Good job." and make happen whatever you want to happen, and then make sure a flag is set to keep the script from repeating. And let's not forget the in-between script if the player activates the first script, then return BEFORE getting the cable.

Hell, I could've programmed MULTIPLE in-between scripts. Everyone should remember that I'm not just any average scripter.

DensetsuNoKaboom

I have scripts for conversations, the only problem is that I used a bunch of enemies to simulate static on the TV screen, but I don't know any way to make them disappear or anything like that once you have the "cables".

PJBottomz

PJBottomz Levvvvvvel Review #7 - Wallicious

Room Design: 8/10 - NO BACKING?! YOU MUST EDIT! [/zelda reference] But I'm glad you didn't use single tiles.
Scripting: 5/10 - They repeat! They ALWAYS repeat!
Plot: 2/10 - Other than the usual, "Help me, I'm trapped!" gimic, there wasn't much of a plot.
Bug-Free Rating: 7/10 - I'm not totally sure if rooms containing GIANT MOVING WALLS are going to be completely bug free.
Difficulty: 10/10 - I had to use invincibility to get past THE FIRST ROOM.
Overall Rating: 5/10 - This is an okay level, just needs some work. I did like the TV, but it would have just been easier with a terminal... Unfortunately, this didn't appeal enough to stay on my levels list. Sorry.

Things I Noticed -

In, "The end...?" there was WAY too much delay in the script. In fact, there was so much, I thought my game froze...