Doing Things The Hard Way

Started by techknight, January 11, 2010, 05:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoulEye

I actually find the room "I'm sorry!" MUCH harder. I did it once in the beta, havent done it since.

techknight

Quote from: SoulEye on January 11, 2010, 05:49:09 PM
I actually find the room "I'm sorry!" MUCH harder. I did it once in the beta, havent done it since.

Which one is that? I'm not sure I've seen it yet (I wasn't in the beta)

DeceasedCrab

"I'm Sorry" at most requires you to go through 1 room since the last checkpoint. "Doing Things The Hard Way" requires... um... 9 or 10. Sure, there's backtracking, but still.

And it's only gotten harder since the beta!

SoulEye

I know. But I still think the new doing things the hard way is a breeze compared... Didn't take me many tries. I played DTTHW for fun in the beta after completing everything else. "I'm Sorry" isn't even remotely as fun.

techknight

Okay I just I'm Sorry and that was very easy to me, only took one retry. DTTHW took me about 700 tries. :(

nathanel

I totally love DTTHW, though I really wanted to hurt someone with a name starting with letter "T" when I saw the "upgrades" applied to this level since the beta... But got it eventually.

I also got this trinket in the beta, but I had to do this actually TWICE because on the first time, after an hour or so of trying to complete the pass, I landed on the wrong side of that thingie in the middle... I was like "OMG OMG OMG, I'M GOING DOWN WELL, VERY WELL, DOGDING THESE PESKY SPIKES, NOW TRY SO HARD NOT DO DIE IN SOME STUPID WAY IN THE LAST ROOM AND FINALLY LANDING YEEEEES!" and then like "ok, so how do I collect the trinket now? wait... oh." ^^

BTW I'm Sorry is NOTHING compared to That's Why I Have To Kill You in the beta. =)

Applekid

DTTHW didn't seem all that much harder to me, which is good because it was hard enough building up the muscle memory for that one. I DID get an awful lot closer to landing on the wrong side of the trinket though. I think I would have smashed my keyboard if I screwed that up after making it to the top and back.  :D

StephenM3

50 ultra-points to the first person to post a screencap of Viridian standing on top of that little speed bump.

VAgentZero

Quote from: StephenM3 on January 11, 2010, 09:12:06 PM
50 ultra-points to the first person to post a screencap of Viridian standing on top of that little speed bump.

You are a horrible person.   :P

eyf

Quote from: StephenM3 on January 11, 2010, 09:12:06 PM

Josiah Tobin

First time playing the game, I'm stuck here too. I've racked up almost 500 deaths so far in total and maybe a good quarter of those have been on this damn series of rooms... The best part is, you don't even HAVE to get the trinket. I'm just stuck on my own determination. I definitely think cruel and punishing difficulty is gonna become one of Terry's trademarks, like it or not! :P

Great game so far though, very much enjoying it. Real cool atmosphere and on the whole it's really inspiring to play!

~Josiah

emol

Woaaa man! Just got this one... I need some relax NOW! It was interesting that I never get bored of the music... in fact, with every loop I liked it more and more!! \m/

bloocheese565

Buttons

Mine's more centered.