VED - The External VVVVVV Level Editor!

Started by Lollipop, April 30, 2016, 02:23:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seallife1

can you test play your levels in this editor? if so, how?

Dav999

No*, but you can have VVVVVV open at the same time and press L+enter after saving in Ved.

* I did make an april fools playtesting feature last year, but I only approximated the physics.

Dav999

Ved 1.5.0 has been released!

Again, some of the improvements in images:

The levels list now shows dates of last modification! (You can change the date and time formats in the language dialog).
The technical changes to the file-related functions have more effects that can be noticed on Windows: there are no more flashing command prompt windows, and if your account username or your level filenames use international characters or the like, everything should now work smoothly.

This image speaks for itself, and I'm planning to add more helpful features like this to the script editor!

As always, you can find the full list of changes here: https://tolp.nl/ved/download

Dav999

For those who haven't seen it yet: Ved 1.6.0 has been released!

There are some major new features, including a music editor, and many other things.

I thought the best way to show the most important changes was in a video, so enjoy: Ved 1.6.0 changes in less than 1 minute and 33 seconds

mayo pigeon

I found a bug in Ved v1.6.1.

You can set the platform speed above 8 now, which allows the platforms to go through solid blocks and exit the bounds. This is more of a bug in the game, but could you limit the speed to 8 maybe?

Dav999

Well, allowing values outside the range 0-8 was deliberate, it's still limited to 0-8 if you use the regular increment/decrement buttons. The level creator should test whether their chosen speed looks good either way, so this doesn't seem too much of a problem.

Trinket9

Quote from: mayo pigeon on November 03, 2019, 07:51:27 AM

You can set the platform speed above 8 now, which allows the platforms to go through solid blocks and exit the bounds. This is more of a bug in the game, but could you limit the speed to 8 maybe?

Huh? I set platform speed to 10 and it worked normally.
Possibly a cause of this might be room warping enabled, I tested with createentity custom level enemies (entity 56) and in a warping room, speed above 8 does indeed cause them to behave incorrectly i.e. they bounced off the edges rather than warp through the screen. I fixed that by changing movement type to 13 (goes down until collision)

mayo pigeon

Quote from: Trinket9 on November 03, 2019, 10:58:41 PM
Quote from: mayo pigeon on November 03, 2019, 07:51:27 AM

Huh? I set platform speed to 10 and it worked normally.
Possibly a cause of this might be room warping enabled, I tested with createentity custom level enemies (entity 56) and in a warping room, speed above 8 does indeed cause them to behave incorrectly i.e. they bounced off the edges rather than warp through the screen. I fixed that by changing movement type to 13 (goes down until collision)

Maybe not for 10, but when you set it to 20+, things spiral into chaos. I guess the best thing to do is make sure I set a speed I am comfortable with.

SHARKIE

Quote from: Dav999 on May 01, 2016, 05:31:38 PMSeems like you turned on 2x scaling accidentally.

To fix it, you need to go to %appdata%\LOVE\ved\settings.lua and set s.scale to 1.

i set it to 1.5 and it fit my screen almost fully fit my screen