Bearboys Q & A Center

Started by Bearboy, July 09, 2012, 08:54:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bearboy

Okay, My Direct mode thing was solved, but I will still have other questions, so, Every question I have I will ask below, and if it is answered, the best answer will be listed underneath my question, making it a q and a. The answerers name will be put next to the answer so they get the credit. Okay? Good!

Q: How do I make it so, in 2.1, i can make the computer, vitellary AND viridian talk in the same script? When I put in (X,Vitellary),
it makes the computer Vitellary as well.

A: say(1, Vitellary)
EXAMPLE
It comes up with a yellow box, as normal.
Then,
say(1, gray)
OTHER EXAMPLE
It's still gray.           -ToasterApocolypse

Q:Anyone know how to use flags? For example, If I want a certain dialogue to only happen once, and whenever Viridian goes back to that part, he says something different? When he says something different, its going to be the same thing every time he goes back. Any other knowledge would be great!   :viridian:

A:Make a script called script and a script called replace.
Script would say
ifflag(1,replace)
Blabla
flag(1,on)

And replace would say
other blabla

And that should do it.      -RoskillaHulk!!

Pyrite

Ok.

Press F10.

The only tool you can use is walls
, but placing backing [with the walls tool] does not impede your progress.

Hold down CTRL for a menu to slide down, keep holding CTRL and use the arrow keys to select the tile.

Any tiles placed will function normally, as in walls are walls, spikes are spikes, but in a certain tileset (outside/warp zone/space station) one of the spikes in the square of them in the selection menu acts as backing.

Selectable tiles change in certain tilesets.

Be creative.

Shut up.

Bearboy

Quote from: manofperson on July 09, 2012, 11:18:28 AM
Ok.

Press F10.

The only tool you can use is walls
, but placing backing [with the walls tool] does not impede your progress.

Hold down CTRL for a menu to slide down, keep holding CTRL and use the arrow keys to select the tile.

Any tiles placed will function normally, as in walls are walls, spikes are spikes, but in a certain tileset (outside/warp zone/space station) one of the spikes in the square of them in the selection menu acts as backing.

Selectable tiles change in certain tilesets.

Be creative.

Shut up.

Thanks for answering and being polite.  ;D

Arthur

There's one dangerous thing about direct mode: clicking while holding CTRL will make VVVVVV thinks you are holding down the right mouse button... Until you leave it! It will cause a lot of damage to your level, of course, so be very careful!

Bearboy

Quote from: Arthur on July 09, 2012, 05:33:03 PM
There's one dangerous thing about direct mode: clicking while holding CTRL will make VVVVVV thinks you are holding down the right mouse button... Until you leave it! It will cause a lot of damage to your level, of course, so be very careful!
I experienced that and didn't know wha the heck was happening. But if you know its happening, just don't save, then leave
that was how i got out anyways...

Hilbert

Quote from: Bearboy on July 10, 2012, 04:59:54 AM
Quote from: Arthur on July 09, 2012, 05:33:03 PM
I experienced that and didn't know wha the heck was happening. But if you know its happening, just don't save, then leave
that was how i got out anyways...
To get out of ctrl click you have to actually right click.

Bearboy

I'm just gunna do a bump so people know that this section will have new content..

ToasterApocalypse

For some weird reason, whenever I type in
say(1, Vitellary)
EXAMPLE
Then,
say(1, gray)
OTHER EXAMPLE
It's still gray.

Hilbert

Dav999

Quote from: ToasterApocolypse on July 11, 2012, 07:09:51 PM
For some weird reason, whenever I type in
say(1, Vitellary)
EXAMPLE
Then,
say(1, gray)
OTHER EXAMPLE
It's still gray.

What happens if you try without the space?
say(1,vitellary)

Bearboy

Anyone know how to use flags? For example, If I want a certain dialogue to only happen once, and whenever Viridian goes back to that part, he says something different? When he says something different, its going to be the same thing every time he goes back. Any other knowledge would be great!  :viridian:

Hilbert

Quote from: Bearboy on July 13, 2012, 07:12:04 PM
Anyone know how to use flags? For example, If I want a certain dialogue to only happen once, and whenever Viridian goes back to that part, he says something different? When he says something different, its going to be the same thing every time he goes back. Any other knowledge would be great!  :viridian:
Make a script called script and a script called replace.
Script would say
ifflag(1,replace)
Blabla
flag(1,on)

And replace would say
other blabla

And that should do it.

Bearboy

Quote from: RoskillaHULK!! on July 13, 2012, 07:48:47 PM
Quote from: Bearboy on July 13, 2012, 07:12:04 PM
Make a script called script and a script called replace.
Script would say
ifflag(1,replace)
Blabla
flag(1,on)

And replace would say
other blabla

And that should do it.

What about when I dont want any text displayed after the one script? I've tried leaving a script called "nothing" with nothing in it, but it has the cutscene bars.  :victoria:

blue626

Look at this thread: Script commands index and tips. Look at the bottom of the post, at how to make scripts run only once. That's more useful for script boxes, but, while using it in a terminal, it will do nothing the 2nd time you activate it.

Hilbert

Make 3 scripts
Call one set1 and put

flag(1,on)

In it.
Then make a script called trigger1 and put

ifflag(1,1)

In it.
Then make one called 1 and put

R,mtdjyrcetvrkutfyrutrtuytrjyr ( random commands)
flag(1,off)

If set1 is acsessable after the script is played, you need to add

ifflag(2,recover1)

At the top of it and put

flag(2,on)

At the end of 1
Don't make a script called recover1 or you will get the bars. Also, don't change the music. That ends bad. Trust me. I tried. :viridian: