No Limits

Started by SomeRandomCreator, January 24, 2017, 02:22:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SomeRandomCreator

Y'ALL THOUGHT I WAS GONE.
Y'ALL THOUGHT THIS WOULDN'T EXIST.
Y'ALL THOUGHT IT WAS OVER.
NOPE.

It's finally finished. Granted, it's not the greatest accomplishment of my life (that would be sad), but it feels good to complete a level.
In anycase, this is No Limits. It's essentially level-making, but I tried to make it as hard as I could have, without using cliches (ex. one block jumps). It was part of these levels I've wanted to do and I finally got off my lazy ass and finished this. After some family matters (grounding, etc.), broken screens, new transitions, and basic procrastination, No Limits is finished.
(here's a link: http://distractionware.com/forum/index.php?topic=2685.0)
Granted, it did take some time since I tested only the ones deemed "impossible", but usually most of them should be fine. I had a friend play it. Said it was eh. We don't talk anymore (jk.)
Jokes aside, if you think this is all I can do, please. Check out my other level "Lost All Alone" if you're new! If not, please ignore the last two sentences.  :P
(here's another link: http://distractionware.com/forum/index.php?topic=2631.0)
Anyways, have fun.
Oh, and no screenshots. I want to hear how you first see it.  :)
Good luck!  :vermillion:

Gawne

Viridan

the old "enemies bouncing in super-tight hallways" trick is still a cliche

SJMistery

What's with people those days taking on to create kaizo levels? We should force a video-play from the owner on those levels...

CreepiX

UUUUUUGH! I got past the FIRST room in 50 tries. 50. But, therefore, it's a good level, except you shouldn't make 1x1 tiles, they look ugly. I'm not good at giving ratings, so I will give it 4/5. Because I saw just the first two rooms.

P. S. I remember how you liked Dimension ZYX, so you should probably check the sequel, Abandoned Facility. I hope that you will enjoy it!

P. P. S. Sorry for piaring my level.

SomeRandomCreator

Quote from: SJMistery on January 25, 2017, 12:20:05 PM
What's with people those days taking on to create kaizo levels? We should force a video-play from the owner on those levels...
I just want to state something. I don't mean for this to come off as rude, I really don't! Anyways, this was abandoned by like...November-ish? In any case, the sole reason it was finished was since I wasn't satisfied with what I could make, whether it be from my next level or a new level, so I decided to this. Because I wanted to up my confidence in level-making.
It was a horrible idea, wasn't it?

Quote from: CreepiX on January 25, 2017, 05:15:42 PM
P. S. I remember how you liked Dimension ZYX, so you should probably check the sequel, Abandoned Facility. I hope that you will enjoy it!

P. P. S. Sorry for piaring my level.
Ah, please, don't be sorry. It's not like you bashed on my level or something like that. It's cool that you shared your level and plus, I actually did play it, it was fun!

SJMistery

It was and IS a good idea. But please, the impossibily hard rooms are best kept for the final challenges. And try to avoid cheap ways to kill like surprise spikes right after entering a room.

Sasha_Waters

Challenge accepted... But first I have to download a screen capture tool

i don't use this site anymore, please don't look at my posts

Quote from: Sasha_Waters on February 04, 2017, 09:56:16 PM
Challenge accepted... But first I have to download a screen capture tool

https://obsproject.com/

SomeRandomCreator

Quote from: SJMistery on January 26, 2017, 03:40:59 PM
It was and IS a good idea. But please, the impossibily hard rooms are best kept for the final challenges. And try to avoid cheap ways to kill like surprise spikes right after entering a room.
Granted, to me it felt rushed and just wanted to end. Perhaps in the future I'll make a better version.
Nah, knowing me I won't do it.