player
green
red
yellow
purple
blue
teleporter

What colour is teleporter?
IT'S FLASHY RAINBOW AWESOMNESS GET YOURS TODAY!

nPOW11

Terry, Could you make it so we can use other enemies? (Not just 4x4) Thanks! :viridian:

Ally 🌠

The game is no longer being updated.

yo terry lemme make the next ver i need pdelay

DubstVne

How do I make the other person's face happy like this: :viridian:

Welcome to distractionware!

In order to make a crewmate happy in a custom level, you must use the "happy" command. Simply type "happy(*insert crewmate affected name*)" in the script editor. A full list of simple scripting commands can be found here!

moth 🦋

Quote from: Quote on November 03, 2017, 10:05:00 PM
"happy(*insert crewmate affected name*)"
you can also use their colors too
ala

happy(cyan) Viridian  :viridian:
happy(red) Vermilion  :vermillion:
happy(green) Verdigris  :verdigris:
happy(yellow) Vitellary  :vitellary:
happy(purple) Violet  :violet:
happy(blue) Victoria  :victoria:

Info Teddy

Quote from: FIQ on October 13, 2016, 10:56:28 PMAnd besides, what kind of level would use up all flags anyway? My own level ended up using up 16 flags for teleport history (to make cheats work), 4 flags for teleport system to work, 10 flags for various temporary purposes and to disable and/or override teleporter scripts (basically equavilent to the in-game loadteleportscript function), 16 for teleport unlockings, 8 for jukebox purposes, and 10ish (slightly less I think) for power sources and game progression in general. There's still over a third of the flags left, and I could still have optimized away quite a lot of these. Dimension Open can get away with using around 40 flags at most, it has less teleporter destinations, and while having more cutscenes, it's far more linear.
>There's still over a third of the flags left, and I could still have optimized away quite a lot of these.
did you say a third?

>And besides, what kind of level would use up all flags anyway?
>Dimension Open can get away with using around 40 flags at most, it has less teleporter destinations, and while having more cutscenes, it's far more linear.

Quote from: nPOW11 on June 11, 2017, 09:31:40 PMTerry, Could you make it so we can use other enemies? (Not just 4x4) Thanks! :viridian:
to disappoint your high expectations
Quote from: Dav999 on June 29, 2016, 07:30:50 PMBy the way, adding commands would break compatibility with earlier versions.
Quote from: Terry on January 15, 2012, 12:20:32 PM(b) A change of map format at this point is too late - most of the people who are ever going to download VVVVVV have done it at this point. I'd just be splitting the community in two, as a lot of people out there aren't going to bother updating their version of VVVVVV to play player levels. Also, due to the new 3DS version, some people simply can't.
Quote from: TerryI can probably answer a few questions about this if anyone wants :) Here's some basic info, at the very least.

I'm sorry to disappoint, but I'm not adding any major new features to the game at all. The main reason for the update is that VVVVVV is not stable on new computers and operating systems. That's mostly what this update is about - making the game stable and free of serious bugs.

So, for example, I won't be improving scripting, or adding tower level support, or anything like that. The game's old and basically stable, I don't want to introduce new features at this point - I think it's too late. I don't want, for example, for people to have to update the game in order to play new player levels.

I'm going to be careful not to "fix" any bugs that have resulted in cool glitches - so, internal scripting will still work, teleglitching will still work, the R key thing will still work. The bug that lets you glitch to the end cutscene will be fixed, though.
Quote from: Terry on May 19, 2016, 12:04:33 PMI'm unlikely to add anything new to VVVVVV at this point (it's six and a half years old now!), and any updates I do in future will just be to fix compatibility with new operating systems, and things like that. Adding new features to custom levels (e.g. custom PNG minimaps, tower levels, fixing behaviours like how cutscene bars work) would branch the game into an old custom map format and a new custom map format, creating compatibility issues, which I really don't want to do!

What I *could* see happening are additions to the map editor that don't break the current map format - like, it'd be cool if there was a switch to allow internal scripting that automatically took care of implementation in the background. That sorta thing!
also there's this helpful thread you can use
Quote from: shiny k on November 04, 2017, 04:56:46 AMyou can also use their colors too
ala

happy(cyan) Viridian  :viridian:
happy(red) Vermilion  :vermillion:
happy(green) Verdigris  :verdigris:
happy(yellow) Vitellary  :vitellary:
happy(purple) Violet  :violet:
happy(blue) Victoria  :victoria:
you can also use the far more easier (and what i prefer to use) all, instead of everybody or everyone (which you can also use), to make everyone in the room happy

Valso22

Quote from: lol...ipops2 on March 27, 2017, 04:22:56 PM
Quote from: mrytp on March 27, 2017, 03:52:17 PM
Quote from: shiny k on January 16, 2017, 10:17:11 PM
no you cant use hex

it'd be changeplayercolour(green)
you can use these colour options:
player
green
red
yellow
purple
blue
teleporter

What colour is teleporter?
IT'S FLASHY RAINBOW AWESOMNESS GET YOURS TODAY!
also maybe in other way: you need to put a bunch of changeplayercolor scripts with delay on them, maybe 10 delay or 15.

Ally 🌠

Valso22